current status

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

current status

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:03 pm

been out three days this week and have seen ALOT of birds....but the take has not been too godd....alot of high flying flocks right at dawn....what a strange season.....my 'take' is the lowest its been in ten years....counting on a good last month!!!!!

today I must've seen 200 ducks, but only got a couple mallards. the rest were at least 200 feet up and flying like on auto pilot
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:23 am

updated for thge week of 12/13:

Monday got a limit of mallards and a black......but that area closed up with ice on my, so on Frtiday I went out in tidal water....did very good with a banded drake to start off the morning....and my friend ended the day with a drake only 30 numbers higher than mine....for three of us the action was very consistent bu best on the higher water times....we ended up with eight mallards, one black and a Canada which I got drifting in the sneak boat during the low tide (got itchy and went for a ride - then drifted with the wind and current back to the hide) and took a loner with an easy 20 yarder overhead.

Ice is the issue we need to contend with now! I doubt the snow will influence the ice much, but could affect the launches a bit...... will be out on Wed on the Bay and scout for another outing with friends on Thursday.

Will f/up on those outings later.

D-
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:10 pm

got out on 12/22 - finally went out on the Bay - took a black and that was all I had in the decoys the entire morning - I did wiff twice on buffies - for the number of boats out of Adams Point (5) there wasn't much shooting from that point north.

will be trying another area of the Bay in the morning - targeting geese
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:31 pm

I tried the bay last season. I thought it was the toughest place I have ever hunted Waterfowl. I watched geese and ducks sit out in the middle all day long. I did get one black right at first light and that was all she wrote for the day. I think it would help if I had more local knowledge and knew more about where to go at low/high tide. I'm glad somebody is shottin 'em down there cuz I'm not :smile:
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting