Some success!

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Some success!

Postby JustinNH » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:45 am

I went out this morning by myself for an hour and a half before work.

I was very indecisive as to where to go, but I am happy with my choice. 3 ducks in a day (ok, 2 ducks and a merg) is a pretty damn good day for me. I dropped the first one in a pair 10 feet over the decoys on my first shot (missed his friend with the other two).
When going to get him, another pair flew over me... I only loaded one shell and dropped another drake right into my boat on the shore!

Pretty slow afterwards, only seeing one or two high fliers... but managed a real early season merganser. Normally don't see them here so early.

Now I am looking forward to sea ducks on Saturday! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Attachments
ResizedImage_1380720365699.jpg
JustinNH
State Moderator

Re: Some success!

Postby NHMeatEater » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 am

Good way to start the season! I'll be headed out this evening and Hope to match your success!
NHMeatEater
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 am

NHMeatEater wrote:Good way to start the season! I'll be headed out this evening and Hope to match your success!

Thanks- Good luck! :beer:
JustinNH
State Moderator

Postby radisson » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Way to go!! Great morning wish I had better luck saw 2 flying high couldn't get them in.
Then got to hot to be rowing around with all the gear on so I called it a day and will back out this evening.
radisson
hunter

Postby JustinNH » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:20 am

radisson wrote:Way to go!! Great morning wish I had better luck saw 2 flying high couldn't get them in.
Then got to hot to be rowing around with all the gear on so I called it a day and will back out this evening.

Thanks!

Yeah, it has not felt like October yet... highs in the 70's!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting