Productive Weekend

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

Productive Weekend

Postby goosebuster11 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:17 pm

At the end of last week, I was getting frustrated and hadn't been seeing many ducks. So I tried something new. My buddy invited me Friday to go woodcock hunting with his brittany. I had never hunted over a pointer or been woodcock hunting and I have to say.... IT WAS AWESOME!!

We put up 13 woodcock in about an hour and a half. One friend got 3 and the other got 2. I have to say I didn't get any (because its like trying to shoot a freakin bumble bee :lol3: ) but I had a great time and am definitely going again.

Then this morning, since I still hadn't really found any ducks, I decided to hit my honey hole and go back to old reliable.... wackin geese!! I had 2 different singles come in and had my limit by 7:45. Then had 5 different flocks come in and try to land on my head while I was picking up :lol3: The neat thing about the geese was it was my first kills out of a layout blind.

Then this afternoon my buddy and I jumped the first ring-necks I have ever seen! He got a hen and a drake, and I got a hen. All in all a productive weekend for me!!
Attachments
photo (19).JPG
My limit of geese
photo (15).JPG
Our day of woodcock
photo (16).JPG
View from the layout blind
photo (18).JPG
My hen and my buddies drake
Last edited by goosebuster11 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosebuster11
hunter

Re: Productive Weekend

Postby duck envy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Action packed weekend for sure! Thats great. Well done.
duck envy
hunter

Re: Productive Weekend

Postby JustinNH » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:50 am

Nice work :thumbsup:
Seems like a well rounded weekend!
JustinNH
State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting