end of season

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

end of season

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:19 am

well, the duck season is over - only seaducks left - but the season did finish off decent - with mallards, blacks a scoter and I finally got a buffie yesterday (but still need a drake for the double mount I want) - tried a different spot and think this may be a great location for late season birds - while the rest of the hunters and a few 'yahos' stayed out on the Bay looking for birds, I was getting steady action all morning - actually the early morning was pretty slow and I moved my set as the tide changed - saw a beautiful red fox runing along the shore - this area had no pressure! - in four days of hunting I only saw one other hunter - we spoke for awhile and he came up from MA and said he was surprised I was launching - had hardly seen anyone there for years - although I did find a few shell casings so I know that other folks have been in there - the point is, the birds were not hassled late season and worked into the decoys well

may head to CT for the finish of their goose season mid week - have business there on Thursday so plan to leave early Wed morning and hunt that day
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting