CHECK THIS OUT!

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: JustinNH, Ross R

CHECK THIS OUT!

Postby Ross R » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:24 pm

here is the start of our sea duck spread, what do you guys think?? i know it is only 24 sleds wich isnt a whole lot but it is a start right?? also painted some hot buys into golden eyes because we have been seeing a lot of them where we hunt, enjoy, please post any comments, or constructive criticisms THANKS!

Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:50 pm

well done......do not feel you need ALOT of decoys to draw great gunning on the salt......especially since sleds offer superior visability!.....but you really can't overdo it either.......I have actually downsized my spread considerably the last couple years to only five or six lines and a total of about 40 blocks........I really feel that the same issue as with puddlers - - LOCATION, makes or breaks a seaduck hunt.

I really like the old-sqaws!!!!! They are a must to get any chance of decent gunning at those little rascals!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cub » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:10 pm

Ross.You did a good job on those sleds.The spread looks good.Good luck on your hunt.I think you have all you need right there.
Cub
hunter

Postby Mike M. » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Great work!

I am sure your hard work will pay off. :thumbsup:
Mike M.
hunter

Postby Ross R » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:43 pm

thanks guys, we went out today shot at one surf scoter, we werent really in the right place, it is hard with our size boat. i will hopefully be getting a boat this summer, it is hard to justify a little runabout boat when you are in college but, hey when an obsession over takes you there isnt much you can do. well hopefully the weather cooperates for next weekend, so we can end on a better note. thanks for the compliments and they looked great on the water.
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cub » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:52 pm

Glad to hear that you got out over your rigs.We will be going out in the morn.Hope thier are a few birds around down here.From the report I got from fri.Not alot of seaducks around.
Cub
hunter

Postby Ross R » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:18 am

yeah not a whole lot of birds kicking around....... this is my first year ever experiencing sea ducks. and i love them, it is a way for me to extend my season, make it last just that much longer. waterfowling has consumed me. we found a place that is holding a few eiders and scoters for thurs so hopefully we can get on them weather permitting! good luck to you and if you can post up some pics!!! i'd love to see your spread, and the trophy's if you get 'em! be safe
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MIKE J. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:14 pm

Great Job on your new spread :thumbsup: Good luck
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ross R » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:20 am

thanks for all of the compliments guys! lets see some of your sea duck spreads!
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting