Will they make it in time?

If you are a migratory bird hunter, share your New Hampshire duck hunting tactics here.

Moderators: Ross R, JustinNH

Will they make it in time?

Postby Cub » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:42 am

Well I hope they make it down in time.I went out sun. on the coast for seaducks.Was a solw day.We only shot at 4 birds before the wind picked up and we had to go in.Let hope for a push of birds for the weekend.I will be hunting maine on sat.And Newhampshire on sun.GoodLuck to all.
Cub
hunter

Postby Ross R » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:05 pm

i hope they push! i am heading out tomorow i will let you boys know what we see.
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Ross R » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 am

got out today, saw quite a few scoters, and a few long tails. it was a little rough for our craft, so we called it a day early. also ran into an anti hunter screaming at us from shore, calling us some rather unfriendly words i wouldnt like to post on this forum. it makes me wonder how people can be so closed minded, nevermind how they think they own the shore line!? good luck and be safe out there
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mike M. » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:35 am

That's too bad that you had that experience. Do any of you guys know if NH has a hunter harrassment law? In MA I keep a copy of it in my wallet and if anyone gives me a hard time I inform them of the law and let them know that I am prepared to contact law enforcement officials.
Mike M.
hunter

Postby ArsonHnter » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:31 am

NH's Law...

Interference with Hunting, Trapping or Fishing
Section 207:57
207:57 Harassment –
I. No person shall purposely obstruct or impede the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of hunting, fishing or trapping while that individual is in a designated hunting area on public lands. No person shall enter or remain in a designated hunting area on any state lands with the intent to purposely obstruct or impede the participation of any individual in the lawful activity of hunting, fishing or trapping.

II. The provisions of paragraph I shall not apply to the actions of law enforcement officers and personnel of the department of fish and game in the performance of their official duties. The provisions of paragraph I shall not apply to any incidental interference arising from the lawful and normal activities of public land users.

III. The executive director shall adopt rules, pursuant to RSA 541-A, to administer this section and to establish designated hunting areas on public lands, if he finds that a significant interference with or disruption of a hunt is likely to occur on those lands.

IV. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a violation.
Source. 1989, 308:1, eff. May 29, 1989.
ArsonHnter
Newb

Postby Ross R » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 pm

wow, i was unaware of that law. thanks for posting that up. i will definately be keeping a copy of that in my wallet from now on. it was interesting to say the least watching this guy get worked up, but we informed him that we were legal to be there and we were beyond the legal distance from dwellings and we intended on staying, we did it in a polite manner and did it with no intention of getting him more worked up, but he then proceded to laugh at us and storm off. when i origionally talked to a Conservation officer he told me that i would run into people like that down at the coast (who think they own the shoreline) so i expected it. thanks again for those posts boys enjoy this last weekend! i wont be out there but post up some pics if you can!
Ross R
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Hampshire Duck Hunting