Duck Hunting Forum banner

wondering if anyone has ever used this stuff?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wheeler 
#1 ·
It's called fluid film. I made a post in the shot gun forum and go no reply, so I thought I would try here. I just got a sample of this stuff from a heavy equipment dealer. He said that you can use it on anything. I used it on my sander as i got it ready for the snowy weather we have coming and i was impressed. I don't think it ate through the existing rust but it was almost like the existing rust was neutralized. Anyway on the bottle it says you can use it on firearms, wood , leather, rubber, eletrical connections, and list goes on and on. I was wondering if anyone has used it as a lubricant on firearms or as protectant on an outboard, and if they had any feed back on it. I did clean up some shot gun shells from sea ducking with it and was impressed it left a protective coating that water actually beads up on. Check it out.

http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/

Thanks
Wheeler

#5 ·
mark,
i used it on my sander. i sprayed it on all my eletrical connections. it appears that the oxidation was neutralized and protective film is left in place. i would try it on an outboard. it says it is not a petrolium product it is wool based (lanolin sp). says it is safe in these type applications. I did use in on my shot gun this past weekend. it seemed to cycle smoother. the only thing i noticed was it does build up so you must wipe any parts with a cloth. you can't just spray it out of the can and leave it.

#6 ·
Well i tryed it on my gun and it worked great so far. I 1st tried last weekend befor i went out sea duck'n. i spray down all exposed metal ( i hunt a dura touched synthetic browning gold hunter) and then whiped it down lightly with a rag. The stuff builds up if not wiped off. It left a nice film on the metal. I shot a couple time that day came home ran a cleaning rod through the barrel and wiped it down again, this time i sprayed a rag down first and applied that way. I hunted yesterday and today in the ran and on the salt again. The rain beaded up and no visible surface rust we experence after two days of salt exposure. Today I disacembled the gun and cleaned the trigger mech and so on. Even though the Fluide Film seem to build up and would appear to hold any powder residue of small piece of dirt and mud, i found no build up in the reciever or trigger mech. So far i am impressed with it. just thought i would share my experence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.