water gap

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

water gap

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:08 pm

hit the river this a.m., birds all over, lots of mallards and commons, a lone buffy. Everytime they came in we were doing something we shouldn't have been, missed a few good opportunity's, Did nail 1 drake common.As typical, birds landing in while setting up, pouring coffee, etc. But there are plenty of birds, Biggest problem was the ramp wasn't plowed. slid in real nice, getting it out took a little longer, such is duck hunting
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rowdy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:08 am

nothing like a slick ramp.

my normal ramp is on an extra steep incling also so it makes it all thet much harder. hows the ice situation on the river?
Rowdy
hunter

water gap

Postby crewchief252 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:15 pm

No ice as of monday, but with the temps the next few night's, may be a possibility. Whats a little ice breaking between duck hunters
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Re: water gap

Postby Rowdy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:15 pm

crewchief252 wrote: Whats a little ice breaking between duck hunters

lol
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:56 pm

Went out this morning, wasn't even thinking about how cold it was. Launched the boat, pulled the trailer to the lot and went down the ramp to get into the boat and WHAM fell on my arse because the water off the trailer froze on the ramp. Just glad I didn;t slide the rest of the way into the lake. That woulda been a Heck of a wake up call LOL
Tack in NJ
hunter

water gap

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:54 pm

which ramp were you at, and the important question is , did you get anything ?
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

water gap

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:39 pm

Hit the gap tues morn at 0600, river was full of ice, didn't even bother to launch, looked unsafe, plus didn't feel like chasing decoys all morning, shot over to Spruce run to check out ramps, they are perfect, went out in the pm, saw plenty birds, no shots though, Tons of geese. Everyone have a great holiday.
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rowdy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:03 am

thanks for the ice report

happy holidays to you also
Rowdy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting