Anyone hunt Big timber Creek,or the surrounding areas?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Anyone hunt Big timber Creek,or the surrounding areas?

Postby rangerbob01 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:14 am

I hunt Big timber mostly. How has the season been for you? I havn't seen as many birds yet this year but seems to be getting better.
rangerbob01
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:23 pm

not sure about your area but i've been doing real good as of recently in south zone and coastal zone.. it did just start to pick up
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:35 am

Its getting better where I hunt too, Union Lake in Millville. I got 2 greenheads and a drake black this morning
Tack in NJ
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:23 pm

i think if we can keep ahead of the freeze out or keep some ice open when it does happen we will be in for one heck of a season wrap up.. there are new birds arriving daily.

:salude:
Rowdy
hunter

Postby rangerbob01 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:59 pm

Tack, I always thought about huntinh union lake and thought it would be a hassle with the people fishing. Do the game wardens give you a hard time? I have DOD ponds near me. I went goose hunting early season last year and got some people pised at me cause I was shooting while they were fishing.Game warden came and told me I was legal but to be careful of others.
rangerbob01
hunter

Postby Tack in NJ » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:44 pm

I had one guy this year give me a problem while I was hunting Union Lake. I had been set up for about an hour when he arrived and started to fish in an area about 100 yards in front of my decoys.I yelled to him and asked if he had seen the decoys when he stopped and he said yea but he wanted to fish that area. I informed him that it would be best for all involved for him to fish someplace else that day. He gave me a ration of crap but moved to another spot about 500 yards awayout of the line of fire.

Other than that its a nice place to hunt. Never seen a Warden there but I am sure they will be around before the season is out. Nice mix of ducks too. So far this year I have Bagged Woodies, Mallards, Buffleheads, and Blacks.

Thers not always alot of ducks but enough to make it interesting.
Tack in NJ
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting