Need some info

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Need some info

Postby rden » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:52 pm

Hey all,

I am usually in the Dog Training section but I have a request. My brother got married and moved to Jersey. He lives in Carteret. He has not been hunting at all down there and wants to. He doesn't know anyone that hunts there either. He is use to pheasant hunting but wants to get into duck hunting. I have the dog and hopefull soon a boat. I told him if we can find some spots to hunt ill get a liscence and hunt there with him. Is there anywhere in the area for him to hunt? Anybody looking for a hunting partner. I know in Conn. where i am living I usually get alot of responses and invited. Hopefully there are some guys willing to teach a newbie. thanks, rob
rden
hunter

Postby flinthunter » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:05 pm

There is alout of places to hunt pheasants here Duck hunting is supposedly good just getting started in that my self so i cant help you there. go to the Jersey fish and game web sit. there is some good infor there to get you started.
Rick
flinthunter
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:20 am

there are plenty of wildlife management areas that have excelent duck and goose hunting.

season just ended a little while ago so you have a ton of time to check places out and do some scouting in your area

start at the NJ fish and game website http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/
there you will find some great articles on waterfowling along with the regulations, zones, WMA maps, etc.

reminder waterfowling is nothing like upland hunting or deer hunting. things have to be planned out to the T, do your homework. especially in New Jersey.

once you have done some legwork feel free to ask more spacific questions. reguarding how to setup certain areas, decoys, etc.
Rowdy
hunter

Info

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:08 pm

Always willing to help out somebody new here, get back to me about a month before the seasons starts and we will try to hook up. In the meantime do some scouting. I hunt the Delaware river, Spruce run res, Raritan bay, and a few other spots now and then, they are all public places and most of the time it's just us or 1 or two other guy's, hunting in NJ can be a lot better than some people think, you just have to pick your spots and times.
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting