First Post, Noob

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

First Post, Noob

Postby joec » Tue May 08, 2012 8:16 am

I posted this in the honey hole but figured I'd also post in my home state. My name is Joe and I'm from NJ. My first love is saltwater fishing. I run my boat in the Raritan Bay area for any and all inshore life. I wrap my own custom rods during the winter months and love putting a bend in them. I am a Navy Vet who got hooked on duck hunting on my last deployment. I've never actually hunted ducks before, but have a buddy who rambled on for I would say 90 percent of our time in the Middle East about how great the sport is. After getting back to civilian life I applied for and received my fire arms id card(wonderful state of NJ). So now I intend on filling my head with as much knowledge of the sport until the season starts and I can get out there. So any and all pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
joec
hunter

Re: First Post, Noob

Postby ngiglio » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey joe welcome I'm nick everybody on this site is really great and any questions you have I'm sure will be answered hope you enjoy!
ngiglio
hunter

Postby FFT » Wed May 09, 2012 5:49 am

Welcome!
FFT
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Joe, there is a spot for you anytime at my honeyhole. Welcome to the wonderful world of waterfowling and congratulations on finding the finest state and friendliest hunters in the world. I grew up near you and moved south to persue my passion of hunting Black Ducks. I can't tell you how many new hunting friends I have met here at DHC, but it is truly amazing that we are all dedicated to this sport. It is addicting!!!

:welcome:
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:57 am

welcome to the site Joe. Great bunch of guys on this site, that are willing to help out and also share some hunts. Being that you spend a lot of time on Raritan bay, we have probably crossed wakes a few times, i do a lot of duck hunting out there. Also plan on being out there tomorrow with my Pop fishing for stripers and blues...we'll be the two bald guys in the blue 17 foot Fisherman. cc
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby joec » Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hey guys thanks for the nice welcome. Hey chief, how did you guys make out yesterday? We got out early and made bait but couldn't find anything with stripes. Made a run for the hook to try for some fluke by the Coast Guard station. Couple shorts then figured we would head back to the massive pods of bunker with hopes that the bass would show up with the change of the tide... nada! Tons of huge blues salvaged a beautiful day on the water. Got back just in tim watch the Rangers drop the Caps and went to bed with a huge smile! Again thanks for the warm welcomes. Looking forward to learning the ropes and getting to know some members here.
joec
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 am

Wheres the best place to buy dog crates? Im bringing my pup home on weds.
FFT
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting