Hunters Helping Heroes

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Hunters Helping Heroes

Postby fazwilder » Wed May 09, 2012 1:46 pm

so contrary to what is being said on this forum I was not around 3 years ago, I started last year went on a few hunts had a blast and was thankful for the opportunities I was given, this year I will be helping taking vets out that normally do not duck hunt, if you want to take a veteran or 2 out you can if you don't than don't, this organization does not want your money it wants to help give veterans an opportunity they may have not had without it. Thank you
Last edited by fazwilder on Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fazwilder
hunter

Re: Hunters Helping Heroes

Postby pvn6616 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Faz,
It has been my mission to give back to this sport in any way I can. I am especially proud to have associated with some military brothers and would love to offer my services. Although the season is a long way off, I truly would like to do what ever I can to facilitate the experience of waterfowl hunting for anyone willing to follow me into the marsh! Put me on the list.
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby fazwilder » Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 pm

It is too far away..im getting the itch I still have your number I will contact you right before the season, and thank you
fazwilder
hunter

Postby fazwilder » Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks Pete, I guess you are the only one that doesn't want the terrorists to win
fazwilder
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 pm

501c3 yet?????

Or just still just coning people to take a "hero" out....and then next year those "heroes" are knocking on your farms door(happened to me)

beware folks, this is not a legit charity
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby fazwilder » Tue May 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Last edited by fazwilder on Tue May 22, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fazwilder
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Shame on me????

We were the first HUNTERS to help a "hero" on a sept goose hunt 3 years ago....And guess what We got???? That same "hero" knocking on that farms door the very next season...Funny how he doesn't mention that on his website

Let me tell you what "hunters helping heroes"is........its a scam! Playing on the false patriotic sense of others.."Locally" its Ryan and his military buddies conning people into taking them on hunts using his phoney patriotic cause as marketing ploy. All your $$$ donations go into the" Ryan Millers' personal hunting gear fund"

YES moderator PLEASE delete this...We don't want people to know the truth :no:
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby SnwbrdrRm » Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm

Deuce N Ducks wrote:Shame on me????

We were the first HUNTERS to help a "hero" on a sept goose hunt 3 years ago....And guess what We got???? That same "hero" knocking on that farms door the very next season...Funny how he doesn't mention that on his website

Let me tell you what "hunters helping heroes"is........its a scam! Playing on the false patriotic sense of others.."Locally" its Ryan and his military buddies conning people into taking them on hunts using his phoney patriotic cause as marketing ploy. All your $$$ donations go into the" Ryan Millers' personal hunting gear fund"

YES moderator PLEASE delete this...We don't want people to know the truth :no:

Man this must be Dave the guy who doesn't even answer the phone whenver I call after accuzing me of "stealing his spots" I have never even hunted back in the town that we were in, let alone know where we were. I cleared that all up with your buddy "Swampy" last year when we talked and it was actually his field you and I were on. I don't know what your problem is or why you are always trying to say my program is a scam, I have more sponsors than your guide service ever did and I have done more for America's Heroes than you can ever dream of. I guess all the success stories on my webpage and facebook were just made up as well. Why don't you speak with some of the Vets that I have taken out in the last 2 years and you will see.

I am not a charity and all the money I have spent thus far came out of my personal bank account as I have never done a fundraiser until a few months ago. Believe what you want about what happened at your farm but I assure you with 100% certainty that I have never been back knocking on the door there.

If you feel like you are man enough to call me back then do so Dave, until then stop trying to trash my name and my program and go look at the proof on my website!!!

Thanks everyone and don't let Dave fool you, Hunters Helping Heroes is legit,
Ryan Miller
SnwbrdrRm
hunter

Postby remingtonman1108 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:54 am

I think Hunting Helping Heroes is a doing a great service. :thumbsup: However, I agree with Swampy (yes i actually said this) and would like to see HHH file as a 501c3 non-profit at some point.

It can only help your organization if your views are true in helping our great heroes go on hunts. It will also allow the guide services that you may use claim their services as a tax write off. Furthermore, establishing your company will show HHH is dedicated to providing heroes with a true hunt for THEM and not what others have said about using the land and money for personal gain.

Filing as a 501c3 will not stop people from coming to knock on the farmers door like what was said before. But that is for you and Swampy to work out :biggrin:

Good luck!
Quack Quack
remingtonman1108
hunter

Postby SnwbrdrRm » Thu May 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I fully agree with what you are saying Remingtonman....it has been a goal of mine to become a 501(c)(3) but it requires so much more than just filing. You have to create a business plan, you have to have a minimum of 4 board members that you can trust to do things properly and follow the mission and vision of the organization, you have to have built a reputation and provide references to what your organization has done and then there is the money aspect of it. I have to find an attorney that specializes in non-profits and pay him/her to help me do all the paperwork and then pay the IRS also a fee. Now throw all that together and all the other stuff going on it is just going to take some time. I spent a lot of personal income on the gear that I purchased last year for the program and I really don't have much to go and spend on an attorney now. I have met some great guys through my program that have shown interest in joining my board and I also know so guys that have similar programs to mine that will help me out but I need to go through all the motions and legalities. In the long run it will pay off 10 fold I am sure!!!

As far as knocking on "Swampy's" property owner's door; he is out of his mind. I would never go and stab someone in the back like that for helping me out and thus he said that happend in Sept of 2009 when I started my program in 2010 out by where I live in South Jersey. I don't care that he thinks it was me anymore and I have accepted that but for him to get online and bash my program is something else, I have tried to be civil about the whole thing but he has gone overboard...mabye he is upset because his services as "Storm Outfitters" is no longer around I don't know...Dave, I know you will read this and maybe you will respond...JUST GO TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE AND TELL ME THAT I AM A SHAM AND THAT I TAKE OUT ALL MY BUDDIES...I TOOK OUT 3 PURPLE HEART VETS LAST YEAR AND 30+ OTHER VETS SO FAR AND THAT IS SOMETHING THAT IS A FACT!!!
SnwbrdrRm
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Dave W from storm outfitters has NOTHING to do with this anymore.......It's ME (swampy) And I don't know who you think you talked to over the phone last year But we IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM "straightened things out" I still KNOW you lied....I think it is disgusting how you go around pretending you are an upstanding person with a legit organization when you KNOW what you tried to do to "us"...You can mock Storm outfitters all you want. You CAME TO US with the sob story "I was over seas I have no place to hunt blah blah"(the same story you told my farmer) DAVE W took you out FOR FREE no strings attached and thats how you repaid us .......Dave W could care less other then the fact he felt horrible and somewhat responsible for what you did...I AM the one still beating the drum RYAN...Just admit what you did, apologize and I'll never bother you gain

Oh and BTW, Yes the hunt took place in 2009, you knocked on my farmers door some time in July of the FOLLOWING YEAR 2010
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby SnwbrdrRm » Thu May 24, 2012 7:41 pm

As so I figured I wouldn't catch a real man trying to do the crap that you are trying to pull right now and last year.

Yes I was Stationed Overseas for the last 3 years of Active Duty, No I didn't have any places to hunt and I was looking for a guide and Dave W stepped up and helped me, no strings attached and I had a blast. I thanked him for taking me out and posted pictures for him and kept talking with him all the time about work and so forth...I liked the guy and he and I had great conversation.

I will not be getting this issue dropped anytime soon as I never went back to that stupid farm of yours. I tell you what, if you like I can go on Google maps for a few hours and surely locate the place with enough searching and then I will post it on here for everyone to see. Your a dumb ass kid who is running his mouth and doesn't know what he is talking about. The farmer must have got someone else mixed up with me because there was no Hunters Helping Heroes at the time I went out or the time that you said I went out there. Maybe I should break out the recording of our conversation last year where you stated; "I don't know who the f@ck you think you are but I will gut you like a fish" strong words frong a little internet stalking fella like yourself who gets banned from every forum he goes onto and has to keep changer his username. You have my number still bud and if you want to try and talk again like a man then lets do it. There is not talking sense into people like you so it is probably useless. Chris put this post on here out of kindness trying to get some help for the program since I got him out on some events and he wanted to help spread the word about how awesome it was, I didn't ask him to do anything for me.

Keep thinking what you want buddy, you will get yours one day...realize that my program is here to stay and people like you won't bring me down no matter how hard you try to bash me. The proof is in the pudding in all the pudding is on my "Success Stories" tab on my website and I will keep adding to that list...

CHECK THEM OUT (http://huntershelpingheroes.org/Success.html)
SnwbrdrRm
hunter

Postby fazwilder » Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 pm

SnwbrdrRm wrote:As so I figured I wouldn't catch a real man trying to do the crap that you are trying to pull right now and last year.

Yes I was Stationed Overseas for the last 3 years of Active Duty, No I didn't have any places to hunt and I was looking for a guide and Dave W stepped up and helped me, no strings attached and I had a blast. I thanked him for taking me out and posted pictures for him and kept talking with him all the time about work and so forth...I liked the guy and he and I had great conversation.

I will not be getting this issue dropped anytime soon as I never went back to that stupid farm of yours. I tell you what, if you like I can go on Google maps for a few hours and surely locate the place with enough searching and then I will post it on here for everyone to see. Your a dumb ass kid who is running his mouth and doesn't know what he is talking about. The farmer must have got someone else mixed up with me because there was no Hunters Helping Heroes at the time I went out or the time that you said I went out there. Maybe I should break out the recording of our conversation last year where you stated; "I don't know who the f@ck you think you are but I will gut you like a fish" strong words frong a little internet stalking fella like yourself who gets banned from every forum he goes onto and has to keep changer his username. You have my number still bud and if you want to try and talk again like a man then lets do it. There is not talking sense into people like you so it is probably useless. Chris put this post on here out of kindness trying to get some help for the program since I got him out on some events and he wanted to help spread the word about how awesome it was, I didn't ask him to do anything for me.

Keep thinking what you want buddy, you will get yours one day...realize that my program is here to stay and people like you won't bring me down no matter how hard you try to bash me. The proof is in the pudding in all the pudding is on my "Success Stories" tab on my website and I will keep adding to that list...

CHECK THEM OUT (http://huntershelpingheroes.org/Success.html)

I :thumbsup:
HATERS GONNA HATE RYAN, HATERS GONNA HATE
fazwilder
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Thu May 24, 2012 8:27 pm

I don't have your Number, and I'm not a kid, you've obviously never met me......And if you think I'm ging to let you threaten me via PM again...We're find out real quick "who is the boss" ask the other fat ass who talked crap how it went @ tuckerton last year??
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby johnboy07 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:39 am

Easy Fellas!!!! If you are going to argue do it through PM's please. Not out in the open.
"You know your team's not in the race when guys are growing beards for the duck hunting season."

— Steve Boros
:beer:
johnboy07
State Moderator

Postby SnwbrdrRm » Fri May 25, 2012 6:18 am

Can we just pull this post John? You and I both know there is no talking sense into this guy ever once he gets on a rant. He trash talks on every forum he is part of. We are all just good guys trying to shoot some darn fowl.

And Dave, I bet the guys I took out in the last two years have more time put together being deployed and in combat protecting your rights to run you mouth than you have spent duck hunting in your life...
SnwbrdrRm
hunter

Postby joec » Fri May 25, 2012 7:38 am

The 501(c)3 really is a pain in the ass to get. I looked into it after my last deployment in 2010 to start a program along the lines of Project Healing Waters, and to be honest, I was quickly turned off to the whole process after seeing what really goes into it and the amount you have to pay just to file the application. I believe it was like $850.00 initial, plus attorney fees and what not. Didn't have the time or funds to go any further due to the insane job hunt I was on after being discharged. You can still run a non profit and give back with out it. Not having it does limit you on an advertising and growth basis, but does not stop you. Helping those who deserve it is a noble and honorable thing.
joec
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 pm

And Dave, I bet the guys I took out in the last two years have more time put together being deployed and in combat protecting your rights to run you mouth than you have spent duck hunting in your life...

Ryan, I NEVER once questioned the guys you help out...I QUESTIONED YOU, Your Ethics and your integrity....The funny thing is Storm-outfitters was the FIRST guide service to help YOU......and you have never thanked Dave W or myself ONCE on your site???? Why??? Where is that success story??? Guilty Conscience perhaps????

If you had not tried to snake us, I probably would have been one of your biggest supporters(obviously since i was the FIRST one to offer up services) I've taken quite a few military folks out & Handicap folks out FOR NOTHING over the years
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby olclamman » Sat May 26, 2012 5:45 pm

ITS STARTING TO SOUND LIKE THE OLD NJ DUCKS FORMS :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
retired less money more wife
olclamman
hunter

Postby SnwbrdrRm » Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Deuce N Ducks wrote:

Ryan, I NEVER once questioned the guys you help out...I QUESTIONED YOU, Your Ethics and your integrity....The funny thing is Storm-outfitters was the FIRST guide service to help YOU......and you have never thanked Dave W or myself ONCE on your site???? Why??? Where is that success story??? Guilty Conscience perhaps????

If you had not tried to snake us, I probably would have been one of your biggest supporters(obviously since i was the FIRST one to offer up services) I've taken quite a few military folks out & Handicap folks out FOR NOTHING over the years

Dave,

I thanked Dave W. the night he took me out and also posted the pictures on New Jersey Hunter at 9:30 that same night he took me out (http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/article66969.htm). I thanked him many times and also asked him what I needed to do to try and help Storm out. I had never known it was your specific field until last year when we spoke on the phone or I would have made it a point to thank you as well...

The reason I mentioned and thanked Outdoors Addiction was because they were still around when I started my program and also these guys took me in like a member of their team and took me hunting with them 3-5 days a week trying to get my a buck down. These guys were so helpful to me and Brian gave me some pointers on website setup etc...so I thanked him on my site. I am still good friends with every guy on the crew now and I have never went behind any of them and tried to get access to thier buck hunting properties.

Look man I am not here to argue back and forth with you, I was very fortunate to have gotten in touch with Dave and gone out with Storm Outfitters on "your" field and I will never forget it. I have extremely high moral and ethical character and you can believe what you like but I never, NEVER went to your farm or anywhere near Hightstown to ask for permission on any farms out there period. I live near Pemberton and I get plenty of birds down my...

Thanks again,
Ryan
SnwbrdrRm
hunter

Postby brant guy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:39 pm

I HOPE THIS RYAN MILLER KID STAYS AWAY FROM MY FIELDS IN PEMBERTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-HE SOUNDS SHADY ---AND DONT ASK ME WERE MY FIELDS ARE IN PEMBERTON RYAN , YOU MIGHT KNOCK ON MY FARMERS DOORS ..
brant guy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting