Raritan River Access?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Raritan River Access?

Postby chocolab » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:13 pm

Does anyone know if there is a boat ramp that I can access the Raritan River from besides coming up from the bay. Trying to avoid the salt with my trailer! Also, do any of you hunt the river or just Raritan Bay?

By the way, great forum and you guys have some excellent information on here. Being from the South I thought Jersey would be different but I'm pleasantly surprised to find so many sportsman up here. Good luck to all of you this coming season.
chocolab
hunter

Raritan river ramps

Postby crewchief252 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:13 pm

The only one's i know of are at the power plant in Sayerville, i know they have a season permit, but no one has ever bothered me during duck season, and there is one inj Highland Park, although i havent been to that one in years.

I used to hunt the river quite a bit, but it has really slowed down back in there the last few years, don't know why, didn't hit it at all last season, last season was pretty sorry all around here, hopefully this year will be better
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Modified_Choking » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:28 pm

Update on boat ramp costs...

My partner and I hunted the Raritan @ Sayerville on opening day North Zone. When we came back in to the launch we had to pay $20.

Last year (05/06) we did not have to pay the two or three times we launched there.
I'm talkin bout the Lifestyle of the not so rich and famous.
Modified_Choking
hunter

Postby jomachn3 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:05 am

There is a boat ramp at So. Amboy boat club. Years ago they never use to bother us for the use. It puts you right in the corner of raritan bay where the South river and the Authur Kill come together. Opening day of north zone i too went out of sayreville in the afternoon and the only thing that I got was full of mud That part of South Amboy beach front used to be the only part of the bay that wouldn't freeze in a realy cold winter
jomachn3
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting