Ware Creek

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Ware Creek

Postby Murdock255 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Has anyone ever hunted Ware Creek by Sandy hook? I was down there last weekend and the little estuary looked like it could hold some birds during the season. Thanks a bunch and hope everyone is enjoying their summers!
Murdock255
hunter

Re: Ware Creek

Postby FFT » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 pm

I dont think I put too much effort into figuring that one out. I spent many a days hanging on the fish docks down there as a kid and never saw anyone hunt it or any blinds.
FFT
hunter

Postby NJFowler » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:04 pm

I think it's too close to Earl Naval Station don't know if you are allowed to hunt there.
NJFowler
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

NJFowler wrote:I think it's too close to Earl Naval Station don't know if you are allowed to hunt there.

As the rules would apply: The security bouys for the naval pier are several hundred yards to the south of the seafood co-op, so you wouldnt be in violation of naval security. Im leaning more towards a no discharge for Belford, although I cant say for sure. None the less, if you could have hunted there, my father certainly would have. He would spend hours watching the broadies from either side of the creek on the bay side. And we bought hundreds of boxes off those docks, some of which were directly on the creek up stream from the co-op. Either way, its not the 'X'.
FFT
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting