Mannington meadows

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Mannington meadows

Postby Tedwilliams12 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:30 am

Can anybody fill me in on mannington meadows in Salem? Is there any public hunting? Good hunting all year? Tide runout? Any private Blinds over there in that meadow too?
Tedwilliams12
hunter

Mannington meadows

Postby johnboy07 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Depends which side of 540 you are on. There is state ground on the tidal and non tidal side of the meadow. And yes there are private blinds in the meadow. Many are already leased out.
"You know your team's not in the race when guys are growing beards for the duck hunting season."

— Steve Boros
:beer:
johnboy07
State Moderator

Re: Mannington meadows

Postby highbrass » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

Tides are tough you better know where your goin :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :beer:
TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING OR THEY WILL BE HUNTING FOR DRUGS.....
highbrass
hunter

Postby EVILOTTO3 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:57 am

its a locals spot great hunting. but bad for you, your truck and gear. the locals will F your stuff up and wreck your hunt. slash you tires or shoot your truck. not worth the crap to hunt down there. we use to hut down there until it got real bad. real bad being the farmers jacked the lease up. like retarded money and there isn't know way the state ground is going to competition for the big money lease. the farmers protect their interest the local cops just wright reports and the fish and game says well i didn't see them do it. its like picking banjos over there. once you cross rt 40 Salem co and Cumberland co your no longer in New jersey your in DEEP SOUTH JERZY . i call it the Maison Dixon line. there all real nice people but don't mess with their fishing or hunting.
EVILOTTO3
hunter

Postby highbrass » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:22 pm

WWWEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL SAID :clapping: :clapping: :beer:
TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING OR THEY WILL BE HUNTING FOR DRUGS.....
highbrass
hunter

Mannington meadows

Postby johnboy07 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Come on we aren't that bad down here.
"You know your team's not in the race when guys are growing beards for the duck hunting season."

— Steve Boros
:beer:
johnboy07
State Moderator

Postby EVILOTTO3 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:27 am

been there done that and have seen the damage. i will stay on this side of 40. ba ba bing bing bing bing bing bing bing. lol your sure got a pretty mouth
EVILOTTO3
hunter

Postby DougyBeards » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:33 am

My girlfriend is from pennsville and last year was my first year hunting that area. After dilegent scouting, I arrive at the spot I wanted to hunt on opening day(next to Mannington) at 3:00 am, beat a truck there by 10 min, and he gets out and tries to tell me there are already a father and son he knows hunting the water(it was a smaller pond) Im thinking no way in hell, so I walked up, flashed the area, and nothing. Come back down and he says nevermind the kid got sick after I explain theres no one there......
He asked if he and his partner could share it with me, and I reluctantly said yes,( wouldnt of second guessed it before the father son thing) and it was a pretty good days hunt. Only regret I have is giving him the downwind side. At the end of the hunt we talked for a while and they were two nice guys, willing to show me around mannington on a sunday. I lost the guys number two days later, so that never happened, but it shows that just about any hunter doesnt like company at first. Its up to you to win them over. I wouldnt mind hunting with them again.

As far as people slashing tires and what not, I sure hope he did something that justified it. I would be tempted to shoot someone for that crap. The fish and game maps are shaky but I know dozens and dozens of people without leases there who hunt it with no problem. Low tide is the plague there. I'd say like any other place, keep your distance and know your boundries. The locals are just the same as us.
DougyBeards
hunter

Postby papageno » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:17 am

Mannington, like everywhere, has its moments... you just have to be there at the right time or you'll take a skunking. One note... It's shallow and freezes up as soon as the temperature drops. When the mallards are around late season, it's usually frozen.
papageno
hunter

Postby twoodward15 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Is there anyplace there to go where it's dry? I wanted to get over there for a couple hours tomorrow morning to check it out. I don't have a boat but would like to take my son, seven years old, out to take a goose or maybe two. Any advice on where to go would be greatly appreciated.
twoodward15
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting