Mullica River anyone?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Mullica River anyone?

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm

I haven't have much posts around the forum but I read and search through it daily. I wake board in the summer throughout the mullica river by Crowley landing. I have seen some blinds in that area and around there. I mainly hunt down south towards the shore areas sea isle/Ocean city etc.... Now I have only been on the mullica in the summer, I never explored that area around duck season just wondering if anyone hunts in that area or heard of anyone that has? It seems close to certain houses and marinas all up and down the river? I know many people don't post in threads like this to give any their "spots" but any info would help thanks.
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Re: Mullica River anyone?

Postby jerseydutch » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am

Anywhere there is a piece of marsh that looks ducky and out of the saftey zone there seems to be a blind built. I think those pineys have alot of the river on lock down. There's still places to hunt and some birds to shoot though. further down river has a lot of phrag and I think the river as a whole is less ducky than other rivers in south jersey.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby Gil.F » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:27 am

there is alot of private property, but we gun a little further down river do good the first week but it dies out after that , lots of teal and woodiies a few pintials here and there most of the big ducks move well before shooting time we launch
at lower bank
Gil.F
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 am

Thanks for the info guys I think I'll just stick to the spots I know and just do some more scouting
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting