Northern NJ duckboat hunting?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Northern NJ duckboat hunting?

Postby CGeminski » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 pm

My college roomate lives in the Finger Lakes region of NY, I live on Long Island, NY. Both of us have excellent waterfowl hunting in our area and own duckboats. We love to hunt together, unfortunately we live about 6 hours apart from each other. We are researching areas halfway between us where we could meet up for a weekend hunt, northern NJ in the Delaware Water Gap or surrounding areas is approximately the halfway point, but we dont mind traveling a little outside of that area.

Can anyone recommend any lakes, marshes, etc in that area that are worth hunting? Maybe you hunt the same areas and would be willing to "swap" a hunt sometime with us? We aren't going to steal your spots, we are too far away to go there more than once a season. If you would be willing to suggest some areas in your backyard, we would do the same in the Finger Lakes and Long Island areas. If you would be willing to swap hunts, we would also do the same.

We might have some birds you dont see often and vice versa. I can tell you here on LI we have tons of brant, black ducks, mallards, shovelers, green wing teal, ringnecks, scaup, bufflehead, canadian geese and also oldsquaw (long tail ducks) and scoters. The Finger Lakes region has excellent hunting for woodies, mallards, ringnecks, green wing teal, redheads and canadian geese.
CGeminski
hunter

Re: Northern NJ duckboat hunting?

Postby Glasswater Outdoors » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm

What time of the year? Early or Late season? I can get you guys out on the water on a weekday. I'm in North Jersey and have a couple of good lakes I hunt. Send me a pm with your contact info. Scott
Glasswater Outdoors
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting