Looking for people to hunt with in North/Central Jersey

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Looking for people to hunt with in North/Central Jersey

Postby jon55nj » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:29 pm

So it's about 90 to 100 degrees warmer than good duck hunting weather right now but I still can't wait for the season. Any of you guys live in North/Central Jersey and want a new hunting buddy this year? My friend that I have been going with the last 2 years is due to have a baby end of this year and I know his wife is going to considerably cut down our season.

I have a 14 foot boat with a blind and a pretty good collection of dekes to bring to the party. Just looking for places to go and people to have fun with. I am a relative novice to waterfowl (2 years).

I would also really like to lay into some geese this year but haven't had much success on public land in the past. If you know a place I could lease or have a place yourself maybe we can work something out.

I live in Basking Ridge right off 78 and 287 and don't mind driving. Let me know if you are interested.
jon55nj
hunter

Passaic/Sussex

Postby Swamprat » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:07 am

As of last year, we are helping to manage our old family place in Passaic Co.; didn't hunt up there last year but will be this year. Will be hunting there until late December. Shoot me a private message.

-Kirk
Swamprat
hunter

Postby jsm1977 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:03 pm

I am also looking for people to hunt with. I am relatively new to the area. I moved from Tx 5 years ago, but only have 1 season in NJ. I live in Union County but would drive. Also looking to do some early season goose hunting in Sept.
jsm1977
hunter

reoccuring theme

Postby shoremen44 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:01 pm

I guess this is a reoccuring theme... i live in South Jersey, but am also looking to do some early season (september) goose hunting...

new to Jersey from Maryland... been hunting the eastern shore down there, but have had no luck finding someone to hunt geese and/or a place to hunt them up here...

anyone interested deop me a line...
shoremen44
hunter

Postby Porch » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:56 am

I'm in Union and hunt the north/central region. I typically go alone but always welcome company (espically someone who's good at calling b/c lord knows i stink at it). I have 16ft boat with motor, blind, dekes, places to hunt, etc. If anyone is interested please send me a me a private message.
Porch
Newb

Postby jsm1977 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:58 pm

I drove out to Spruce Run Resevoir the other day hoping to find some fields on the WMA that might be good for goose hunting. No such luck. There fields are all way overgrown. There may be some decent duck spots there once it cools off and is less crowded though.
James
jsm1977
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting