First try

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

First try

Postby papageno » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 am

Sat out on the lake for some geese yesterday afternoon and evening. the 200 or so that were on the lake flew out in small flocks during the late afternoon in the opposite direction and none came into the lake. I actually felt a bit silly sitting out there waterfowl hunting in the summer. I miss September dove hunting as a good warm-up for waterfowl season.

I'll wait till woodie/teal season
papageno
hunter

Re: First try

Postby canderso » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:03 pm

papa- I was out with my son last friday night. we were looking at a couple of roost sites. No dice. The water that I have been watching was totally gone. We drove around scouted some more spots. We strike again tomorrow and perhaps Saturday morning as well.

don't give up yet, they are out there. I just wish I could pass shoot the flock that flys over my house EVERY night all year (actually, a couple of times a day). This time of year the flight gets bigger.

hope to have some photos and some birds this weekend!
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Re: First try

Postby papageno » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:19 pm

I'll spend my outdoor time surf fishing and swimming while the water's still warm.

Good luck.
papageno
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting