Winchester black shadow sx3

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Postby never-enough-guns » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:03 am

Hey, I'm looking for some info and reviews on the sx3. My Dad is thinking about purchasing one. Any thoughts?
never-enough-guns
hunter

Postby sparelink » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Do a search. I just got one and like it
sparelink
hunter

Re: Winchester black shadow sx3

Postby NJTFM » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:37 pm

I just got a SX3...Very sweet gun can shoot crazy fast. I have not had it on any duck hunts yet but I took it sporting clay shooting and its so smooth
Team Fowl Mouth

Check out some of our sponsors!

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

Spirit Pen - Camo Face Paint

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:52 am

NJTFM wrote:I just got a SX3...Very sweet gun can shoot crazy fast. I have not had it on any duck hunts yet but I took it sporting clay shooting and its so smooth

Where did you go for sporting clays?
FFT
hunter

Postby jpari » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 am

FFT,
If you are looking for good sporting clays courses depending where you live M & M in South Jersey is a great course, and Lehigh Valley in PA is another very nice course. I went to Lehigh Valley with my wife yesterday and had a great time.
jpari
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 am

^^Thanks. Ive shot M&M and enjoyed it, I havnt hit Red Wings or Leigh but I think Leigh is my next stop. The GF is ready to move on from me throwing clays at Assunpink, and I think sporting clays will keep her intersted. We also had a guy and his son at the #1 position at Assunpink on Sunday almost ruin our day. The son, who was about 16, loaded the gun at the bench, closed it, moved up to the line, and fired both shots at one clay. He would return to the bench with the gun closed, then break it to unload. I was jumping out of my skin and asked my hunting partner and GF if I should say something. I didnt :huh: as I try to avoid confrontation at all costs. I regret not saying anything, but called the main office only to get voicemail. The I call F&G and got their VM. The closed gun was being pointed in all directions except down range. I understand wanting to be out with the family and have fun. But this was the worse gun safety Ive ever seen. Anyways, I think I will do Leigh and cabelas in the same day.
FFT
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 am

jpari wrote:FFT,
If you are looking for good sporting clays courses depending where you live M & M in South Jersey is a great course, and Lehigh Valley in PA is another very nice course. I went to Lehigh Valley with my wife yesterday and had a great time.

M&M is just around the corner from me since I live in pennsville. Its a nice place. I shoot sporting clays at Quinton Sportmans Club, which would be about a 20 min drive from M & M. Its a great course, 100 birds and the switch it up just about every week. They shoot sporting clays, trap, and 5 stand on Sundays. Trap and 5 Stand Friday night under the lights and I think they shoot some trap midweek not sure which day or days.
Team Fowl Mouth

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 am

Here the link to there site...looks like sporting clays opens at 9am

http://www.quintonsportsmensclub.com/Shotgun.html
Team Fowl Mouth

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:24 pm

i heard its a nice gun

but I'm not on a waterfowl team..
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 am

Deuce N Ducks wrote:i heard its a nice gun

but I'm not on a waterfowl team..

I am on a team....So I approve :thumbsup:
Team Fowl Mouth

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 pm

I am on a team....So I approve

does being on a team make you a better waterfowler?
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 am

Deuce N Ducks wrote:
I am on a team....So I approve

does being on a team make you a better waterfowler?

NO not in anyway...To me it adds more fun to it and allows to you to meet a lot of people when dealing with Companies and sponsors and filming for DVD's. I just like be able to get things at lower prices to try out and give me feedback on helps other water fowlers out.

Being a team does not make us better than anyone by any means just means we like having the ability to work together to get the job done, like when it comes to scouting or building blinds or putting out a snow goose spread. :beer:
Team Fowl Mouth

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:44 pm

to you to meet a lot of people when dealing with Companies and sponsors and filming for DVD's.

no thats a pro staffer....DVD filming?? anyone with a go-pro is "film maker" now

just like be able to get things at lower prices

like what? a bunch of calls from a call company no one has ever heard of? I saw your "goose calling" video..C'mon dude

just means we like having the ability to work together to get the job done, like when it comes to scouting or building blinds or putting out a snow goose spread

Those are called friends, you don't need a team name to scout, build blinds or set up a spread :hammer:

Slapping a team name on yourself doesn't give you credability.....Nor does putting a bunch of lame companies in your signature
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Sorry did not mean to spoil your cheerios....Obvisouly you have something against us or "Teams" in general. We turly could careless what anyone thinks of us... We do it to do what we love hunt ducks and geese and hook up with companies along the way to meet other people that have the same passion as we do and try to help as much as we can. Think what you want because by looking back at you post in other threads I have read your going to be an @$$ no what....Sorry for blowing up this thread with useless nonsense

Hope everyone is getting pumped for their opener I know we are and looking forward to getting the Atlantic Flyway Rambler
Team Fowl Mouth

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby FFT » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 am

Geez swamp, nothing better to do than pick on some simple kid from down south. Why dont you just tell him how you really feel? Swampy, the great hunter/guide/duck calling master/dog trainer/NJHunter.com legend/internet know it all. :bow:
FFT
hunter

Postby never-enough-guns » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I'm almost sorry I asked! Thanks for the replies. I think.....
never-enough-guns
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 pm

No Biggie....I had been wanting the gun for a while and finally got my hands on it and its every thing I had hoped for...one thing though, but I have heard conflicting stories, the gas chamber can get very dirty I have heard if you do not clean it regularly it will sometimes not re-chamber shells, but I also heard all you have to do is once its new from the factory is clean all the packing oils and grease from the gas system and you are good forever. I clean mine after about every 100 to 200 rounds.
Team Fowl Mouth

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting