Sligthty Short of a Limit

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Sligthty Short of a Limit

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Today was one of those days, the good kind, in that upon waking I rejoiced in the freshness of the crisp dry air instead of the heavy humid moisture we'd been breathing for the past day and a half. It was the 30th annual decoy show at the park in Tuckerton. I attending early in the morning and after coming home I repainted some of my brant decoys and began carving out the cork blocks that have been siiting so long waiting to join the other brant.

It was right about then that my phone rang and I was invited to go goose hunting. We ended up gunning from 4 til 6 and had one flock commit all the way and we dropped four. It was a beautiful afternoon and a beautiful day! Cannot wait til hunting season!!
Attachments
09292012 GOOSE HUNTING 001.jpg
The spread
09292012 GOOSE HUNTING 008.jpg
Jack and birds
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Re: Sligthty Short of a Limit

Postby papageno » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah, it's definitely feeling more like hunting season. Nice shooting.
papageno
hunter

Postby FFT » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 am

:thumbsup: Way to go Jack!
FFT
hunter

Postby georgied88 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:19 am

Nice PETE! I was at Tuckerton and didn't really see anyone from DHC. Met a cool group of guys from the calling contests. Looks like a nice shoot you had. THIS SEASON I'm determined to get you out to a nice spot by me! :thumbsup:
Exercise is the best medicine.
georgied88
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:11 pm

:thumbsup:

Nice shoot Pete. I missed ya at the show. I was there both days. But I might be stopping in to pay you a visit soon...Looks like my battery for the mud motor is going!

We had a similar action ourselves. My brother and I got 4 friday evening and Haley and I got 4 sat evening. I needed the thermacell friday but yesterday was beautiful!!!!
jerseydutch
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting