Duck hunting lease or just general info on Jersey ducks

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Duck hunting lease or just general info on Jersey ducks

Postby Hooked_On_Ducks » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:59 pm

Well hello everyone. What I am wondering is where I would start to look for a duck hunting lease in or around Ocean county. Or myabe it is just better to fix my boat up and use that. I am in the Navy and new to the area and looking for some info on how to keep doing what I love to do, HUNT DUCKS!!! So anything that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hooked_On_Ducks
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:20 pm

welcome to the NJ forum

I am in ocean county myself which area are you in.
as far as leases go good luck man :thumbsdown: you would be hard pressed to find one.. however as far as local public hunting your in luck there is quite a bit.. you said you had a boat first thing get it back in shape your gonna need it. main questions for now to further help you is what part of new jersey and what type of boat. once i get a little more info i should be able to point you in the right direction and help ya out..

Rory
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Hooked_On_Ducks » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:46 am

My boat is a 12 foot V-Hulled boat. Nothing special. A john boat. I didnt get a motor for it yet because I didnt want to buy something that I didnt need. I will be living in the Lakehurst area. I figured most of the duck hunting out there would be coastal but I wanted to ask. Thanks for the help and information. I came from Washington state where I didnt use the boat at all. This will give me a good excuse to fix it up a bit. Thanks

Jay
Hooked_On_Ducks
hunter

Postby Rowdy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:08 pm

lol should have assumed you were gonna be by the navy base :mrgreen: the divider for the zones is rt 70 which splits north and south zone which also runs right through lakehurst. you have alot of areas besides coastal by you. also the coastal hunting that way is pretty good too. the divider for coastal is the parkway. so you have a great oppertunity to hunt all three zones with pretty good success.. your not far from me at all maby we can get together this year and i can show ya around a bit..

Rory

e-mail me IrishFleyes@gmail.com
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Hooked_On_Ducks » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:14 pm

I sure would appreciate any help that you can offer. Thanks for answering my questions. I cant wait to get out there and start hammering some ducks!!!!
Hooked_On_Ducks
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting