new to forum

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

new to forum

Postby sjtealhunter » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:13 pm

just wanted to introduce myself, my name is george and i am from fairton nj. I hunt mostly along the cohansey and maurice rivers. I am sure that i will be asking some questions in the future that i hope that some of you may be able to help me out with. I will also attempt to help anyone in any way that i can. I only have 3 seasons under my belt so some of this stuff is still new to me. really just wanted to say hi and hope to talk to or hunt with some of you soon.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby DeerMan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:04 am

Glad to see another guy from my area, I live right near the cohansey.
Welcome and Good luck.

Stay Safe
Life is good over the decoys!
DeerMan
hunter

Postby sjtealhunter » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:44 pm

Bacons Neck is in Greenwich right? Sure have done a lot of fishing out of Greenwich, what a nice area. I am going to be doing some early season goose hunting out that way.
i don't eat vegetables -- vegetables are what food eats.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby DeerMan » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 pm

Yes sir it is in Greenwich. Its a nice area when the bugs arent chewin my ***. :yes: Good luck with the early goose season, I havent been seeing all that many around but there are few on the freshwater ponds.

Good Luck

Stay Safe
Life is good over the decoys!
DeerMan
hunter

Postby AFISHN » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:33 am

Hi SJtealhunter.I just joined the forum also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just posted this on the PA Forum
"A friend from Lebanon,PA turned me on to this site.
I see scrolling through the posts that I know and have hunted with a few of you guys over the years.

I am really impressed with the site.

Have 2 Labs:Chip--a chocolate male 8 yrs;Pretzle--a yellow bitch 3 yrs old.

Getting them in shape for the season:hunt SE PA;South Jersey;and Central NYS.Hunt fields, marshes, and the salt(Muddy buddy boat blind on a 17 ft/jon with 40HP)

12 ga Berretta Extrema
10 ga SP for late season geese

Get your goose hunting stuff ready early and hunt safe!!!"

I hunt South Jersey a lot for ducks and a bit for geese with a small group of friends.You are welcome to jump in with me when these guys can't make it (I hunt alone about 25% of the time).contact:TConiglia@aol.com

I fish the DE Bay out of Money Island and Fortesque---and in general spend a lot of time in South Jersey(e.g.Salem SportsClub and South Jersey FlyFishers)
Tom

"when I'm not a huntin',I'm AFISHN"
AFISHN
hunter

Lost Contact

Postby chocolab » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:03 pm

AFISHN wrote:Hi SJtealhunter.I just joined the forum also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just posted this on the PA Forum
"A friend from Lebanon,PA turned me on to this site.
I see scrolling through the posts that I know and have hunted with a few of you guys over the years.

I am really impressed with the site.

Have 2 Labs:Chip--a chocolate male 8 yrs;Pretzle--a yellow bitch 3 yrs old.

Getting them in shape for the season:hunt SE PA;South Jersey;and Central NYS.Hunt fields, marshes, and the salt(Muddy buddy boat blind on a 17 ft/jon with 40HP)

12 ga Berretta Extrema
10 ga SP for late season geese

Get your goose hunting stuff ready early and hunt safe!!!"

I hunt South Jersey a lot for ducks and a bit for geese with a small group of friends.You are welcome to jump in with me when these guys can't make it (I hunt alone about 25% of the time).contact:TConiglia@aol.com

I fish the DE Bay out of Money Island and Fortesque---and in general spend a lot of time in South Jersey(e.g.Salem SportsClub and South Jersey FlyFishers)

Tom,
It's been about 2-years since we spoke. Been to Iraq since then and lost all your contact information. I'm still stationed here at McGuire AFB and looking to do some duck hunting this season. I got a chocolate lab that's ready for the season to start also. Let me know if you want to hunt Jersey sometime this season. chocolab@comcast.net

-Rob
chocolab
hunter

Postby Honkers41 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:19 pm

:salude: Welcome Hunter....Good to have you aboard.....Honkers!!!
Honkers41
hunter

new to maurice

Postby stevez » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:05 pm

Hey fellow waterfowlers! I'm kinda new to waterfowling but haven't been doing too bad these past 2 years. This year I rebuilt a 14 foot boat from a garage sale and would love to try hunting the maurice river in New Jersey. This might be a dumb question but I just can't find the answer ANYWHERE I've searched. I want to launch out of Millville and head down-stream 2 or 3 miles looking for duck/geese/what-have-you. Is it LEGAL to hunt the marshes along the Maurice river since it is tidal water, or is hunting restricted due to any town limits? Please don't blast me...I just want to do the right thing and avoid troubles.
stevez
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:57 pm

Welcome aboard guy's hope you find the site informative and fun. Mostly a north, and coastal zoner myself, spend a lot of time hunting the Delaware water gap
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jcoastie7 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:42 pm

it's good to see a few people from my area, I live in laurel lake. still kinda new to the area and duck hunting so I will probably be asking plenty of questions.
jcoastie7
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting