Opening Day

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Opening Day

Postby JerseyRepresent » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Was on the midnight shift for opening day so I took a half day and got out at 3:30am. After a coffee stop at wawa I was out on the water by 4:30ish. Paddled out to my spot and started setting up dekes. Fog coming off the water was super thick so it took a little longer then normal but had the boat camouflaged and was on my stool in the cat tails by 5:15. Lots of other guys out on the same body of water doing the same. Everything was quiet until about 6:15 and then the ducks start flying. Had a few teal land in the dekes before shooting time. Shooting time hits and all hell breaks loose and all that can be heard was 12 gauge blasts. Had a decent amount of ducks commit to the deke spread but I am sorry to say my shooting was pretty rusty. When all was said and done I managed 1 teal and about 6 missed shots. :fingerhead: Still had a great time on the water and the teal was the first duck to fall victim to my new 1972 870 Wingmaster that I picked up in the off season.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sine Metu
JerseyRepresent
hunter

Re: Opening Day

Postby papageno » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Down in MD we get to warm up our shooting on dove.... it's a real b#$@ch taking your first shots of the sea on at teal and woodies with steel shot.
papageno
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting