coastal tide preference?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

coastal tide preference?

Postby duckin' nutz15 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:06 am

all right guys, the season is fast approaching, and i was wondering what everyone's favorite tides are to hunt. incoming, outgoing, slack, low, high or whatever. starting to make some plans for this winter and fall and just wonderin which tides produce more birds, responses appreciated! :smile:
duckin' nutz15
hunter

Re: coastal tide preference?

Postby papageno » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:21 am

It depends on what you're hunting and the spot. Brant move to feed on bars during low tide. Puddlers will move into small water feeding areas as they begin to flood. I don't think most divers care too much, although other's may have different experiences.
papageno
hunter

Postby highbrass » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 am

papageno is spot on :hammer: :hammer: really depends on your hunting location :thumbsup:
TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING OR THEY WILL BE HUNTING FOR DRUGS.....
highbrass
hunter

Postby LeakyBoot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:31 pm

For Brant hunt the outgoing low tide.
For ducks I like the incoming high tide.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I've already been seeing a ton of movement in the CZ. Thousands of brant already, thousands of scoters offshore, mallards, black ducks, etc.

I prefer CZ hunts that I can hunt both tides. But if I'm limited, all depends on where I am going and what I know is in the area. I prefer outgoing to get the ducks moving out of the little creeks. One thing that I find fairly important is where you'll have a little boat traffic. That typically will kick up the brant and divers a little more often than not. Good luck guys :thumbsup:
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting