South Zone Hunt#2

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

South Zone Hunt#2

Postby waterfowlwiz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 am

Decided to avoid the meadows this morning and went for and easier woody hunt instead.. Saw 50 plus buzzing around but nothin else.. was hopin a few mallards or teal would be around there.. they usually are this time of year. shooting improved a little bit and i managed 3 ducks with nine shells by 7:30am then wasted another hour and a half waiting around for something i could shoot..
Attachments
1daytwo2012.jpg
waterfowlwiz
hunter

Re: South Zone Hunt#2

Postby jerseydutch » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 pm

mmmm look at all that duck weed. I am envious of you salem county and glo county guys with your fertile soil. Nice shoot. We banged em' up pretty good again. 3man limit of woodies plus 5 gwt. I shot a banded woodie as well....filled my one band per year average already on the second day! Maybe I'll get lucky later in the season and up the average.

I forgot how much the mud wears ya out! Nap time!
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:34 pm

Another great report. Thanks for the write up and pics. All I have to share is a shot of the mutt wondering why we didn't shoot any ducks.

Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1350952467275.jpg
FFT
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:42 am

If our mutt wasn't retired he'd be wondering the same thing. Had woodies in our lap in the morning that we shot right through, ha! That was about it, not much shooting where we were..or birds for that matter. PM was similar, shot through woodies & saw a bunch after LST.

NEED WEATHER! :sad:
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 am

Glad you boys on the other side of the parkway are out there having fun! I have yet to chase a few ducks, but being that I work for the state full time now (Unemployment) I have plenty of time, so one of these days we'll go chase em. The weather is just not cooperating and I find it difficult to spend my time and energy chasing after five minutes of shooting. Keep posting... :fingerhead:
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting