SZ week one!

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

SZ week one!

Postby jerseydutch » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am

It has been a good one! The duck gods blessed us.

SZ opener

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

I hunted the first four days of the season for SZ. 3 man limit Sat, 14 Mon with a banded woodie, 5 Tues, 3 Wed. Sleeping in felt good today! Now its time to see what this storm yields and head back to work Monday. I had a great week. My girlfriend Haley shot her first limit. I had two college buddies come down for some hunting. I shot a banded wood duck, and I put the mud boat to some serious use!
jerseydutch
hunter

Re: SZ week one!

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:28 am

nice good shooting i wish i had the same luck...congrats
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Postby bayside » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 am

WOW!!
Knew I should have stuck around last week when I saw your mud rig parked at a scouting location...better yet should have covertly tailed you :yes:
Was actually at that spot this morning. hunted the am. Saw 7 woodies yesterday. Set up there, but they moved the X way up the waterway. :fingerhead: Just seem to be one step behind them.
Congrats on a killer week!

STILL
0 for the season
bayside
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Looks like the rust is off. Nice shoots dude.
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Postby PAwingshooter » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Awesome start and I like the dual use of the motor as dead duck holder! That banded wood duck looks like a HOG. I had plans on going out this afternoon in the north zone, but of course my flight from Canada gets delayed 3 hours so had to settle with reading posts on here instead. Now if only we can get a Penn State win this weekend.
PAwingshooter
hunter

Postby FFT » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 pm

Dutch, there 2 less black ducks down there by my spot. Not many teal and the mallards didn't show up for us on weds. Limped out up here for a suzzie, that made 12 for the dog this week. He is a damm good companion out there. Were coming down on sat, your buying lunch!

Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk 2
FFT
hunter

Postby canderso » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:11 pm

Dutch, that's a he'll of a way to start. Congrats to Haley on the limit.

Hope to be out Saturday and depending on what happens with this storm, I might take some time next week to get out.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Why oh why did I have to grow up along the coast??? Delaware Bay and fresh water rule!!! Nice shootin!!!! I've never shot that many birds in my life in one day, well, maybe I have, but we can't talk about that... snows. You're killing me, here I am unemployed and I haven't gone out once thinking it's not worth it traveling over to the southern zone with this lovely weather - You certainly proved me wrong! Congrats on your success!!! :thumbsup:
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks guys. Bayside, I guess I have to keep my eyes peeled in the rearview now! :biggrin:

PA, I think hanging ducks is my favorite thing about the mud motor....wait no going through mud is! That woodie was a nice adult bird but I have shot even bigger hogs before that I ate so this one followed the same fate. One day I'll send on to the taxidermist. Haley and I were supposed to go up to state this weekend but have a wedding to go to tonight :mad: We went to homecoming and had a great time though.

FFT, glad the pup is coming along...ill give you a call later. we might be on for a pm hunt but I am not hunting in a hurricane!

Canderso saw pics on the boat page...your boat is moving along well. I am still waiting for my blind fabric to get sewn!

And Pete, I am taking you out this year! Whether it is a hour hunt before I go to work or an all day affair, it is going to happen this year. Let's see what happens after this storm. If post storm clean up isnt bad and birds are around we will go.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby waterfowlwiz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:19 am

Nice shootin! I got a mallerd and two rudy ducks on tuesday.. and three woodies this morning.. both days were slow after the frist half hour..

maby one day i'll have someone with me to take my picture holding them..haha
Attachments
treewoodysat.jpg
treewoodysat.jpg (11.36 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
rudyduck.jpg
waterfowlwiz
hunter

Postby canderso » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Got out this morning to a little hole my son and I have been scouting. Learned a little more about our setup and who gets the "corner" to watch. Every now and then I would look over as a pair or a small frlock of 4 teal were buzzing through. Twice we had 2 singles come through right on the water in front of us! We shot a total of three shells, took nothing, but watched 19 teal cruise right on through unscathed!

Maybe I will get another crack at them depending on how this storm shapes up.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Postby papageno » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey Paul, smile... you shot a limit bro.
papageno
hunter

Postby FOWLGAL » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Damn guys & Haley you are killing me. I had a wedding to go to in Florida and just got back. Was suppose to go for week of Nov 9 but dont think the house will useable after this storm so I am not sure what we will do.

Well glad to see someone is doing well, just save some for me :yes:
FOWLGAL
hunter

Postby barryboy08 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Keep whacking and stacking!...just try and save a few for when we get down there to hunt with you guys haha. P.S. The Meadow is filling up with some big ol canadas more and more everyday, gotta find a weekend to go save some habbitat!
Happy Hunting!
barryboy08
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting