Latest Storm Report

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Latest Storm Report

Postby LeakyBoot » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:02 am

LeakyBoot
hunter

Re: Latest Storm Report

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 am

Think I'm under the wrong bubble, hunkered down with beer :beer:

Hopefully gonna give hunting a go tomorrow..
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 am

Im under the bubble that says im screwed... -_- wonder how this will affect the birds..
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Postby canderso » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm with you. I'm in the totally screwed category! Not sure what to do now. Got the boat in the driveway and the canoes at the back door. Ready to go. All the kids are going to bed in the life preservers.

Joking, but I did make them put their life preservers on to take photos and send them out to the grandparents that are getting concerned. :biggrin:
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

There's a storm?
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Heck, I live on a stupid island SURROUNDED by water!!!! My wife and I are riding it out here... should be interesting. I'll post some pics if we don't lose power. Wish me luck!
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby bayside » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 am

So far so good down along the Dbay. This mornings high tide should be a doozy and probably best tonite's comes in the dark so I dont drop a deuce as it encroaches! Secured as best as we can and looks like we'll be right in the strike zone. hopin it turns north but that just means someone else will be pummelled. Best to everyone along the coastal areas.

PS: With doing all the prep for the storm, I did not get a chance to post my hunt results on sat. Was out in the bay marshes and while not on the X by any stretch, pressure kept birds moving. Got an early shot at 5 teal. Two broke away and three across my blind. Dropped a hen stone cold but really should have doubled. Later skulked to a mud flat/salt pond as birds were on it. 200 yard crouch/crawl in Dbay mud (UGH!) only to have them spook at last minute. What I thought was a few birds turned out to be about 18 and by the time I had gun up and in position was not confident in taking shot. hunkered down and waited hoping for some returns. Sure enough two birds came back to far end. Waited them out but they help tight. Was about to try to creep up on them when gunshots spooked them and they took flite right past me. Strait line crossing shot really, really should doubled but did get the drake. Was worth the effort. 2 for the day and first birds of the season.
bayside
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:41 am

Stay safe out there Pete!
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby FFT » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Pete, please tell me you got out of there. I know parking is a bitch up here but this dude is blocking my front door.

Sent from my ADR910L using Tapatalk 2
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1351575109961.jpg
FFT
hunter

Postby FOWLGAL » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:02 am

Pete house got flooded and asked to pray for him
FOWLGAL
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 am

i hope all are ok I just looked at pvn and said he is from AC they got hit hard and he said he was going to ride it out hope hes ok.
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Postby FOWLGAL » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm

PVN is ok!!! but got 20" of water in the house :( :sad:
FOWLGAL
hunter

Postby NJTFM » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:14 pm

LBI Got Slammed big time...just waiting for the time when we can get there to check our house, but from the looks of the video clips I have seen...it does not look good...
Team Fowl Mouth

Check out some of our sponsors!

Hevi-Shot

Pacific Calls

Spirit Pen - Camo Face Paint

TJ's Custom Lanyards

Lifetime Decoys

SRB Field Rests

Anser Decoys
NJTFM
hunter

Postby FFT » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm glad that pete is ok. We have the same situation up here. I got 3 feet in my house, electric panel went completly under.

Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1351640839510.jpg
FFT
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:34 pm

Glad to hear Pete and FFT are alive and well!
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby FOWLGAL » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 am

Sorry to hear FFT, but I am glad you & your family are ok. As I stated to PVN (Pete) if there is anything that I can do to help please let me know!!!

Yup NJTFM LBI took a major hit. My buddy lost his boat he had it on the trailer and tied to the house & it's a big fishing boat. He got a call from someone down there that it was floating down the boulevard. He cant get on the Island till sat to check his house & look for his boat. Really sad I feel so bad for all the people that were effected by sandy (esp NJ)
FOWLGAL
hunter

sandy

Postby fazwilder » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Here in long branch our house was vandalized by punk ass section 8 teens, we found them, the cops did nothing, they came back to my house and my xtrema2 almost became a self defense weapon. Along with 3 other marines an m4, 2 other shotguns and a hand gun, They ran, however a Hennessy bottle found my one roommates face (a disabled war veteran) he has a broken eye socket. It amazes me that none of this wide spread looting and Arson is not on the news. Well the election is coming up so ill leave my guns loaded and take my girlfriends wine bottles and make surprises if crap really gets out of hand.
This is crazy that people are taking advantage of the unfortunate. People have lost everything and now we have to worry about this crap. Sorry for the rant, but the news isn't showing this and it needs to be shown.

I hope everyone is okay, we are fine and if anyone needs help with anything I will do my best to help if asked, Next week is coastal opener and I don't know if we will be able to get into the rivers. Again I hope everyone is okay and good luck
fazwilder
hunter

Postby never-enough-guns » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 am

Hang in there. Gonna be a crazy few months. Hopefully we can use this group to help our buddies in need.
never-enough-guns
hunter

Re: sandy

Postby jerseydutch » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:19 pm

fazwilder wrote:Here in long branch our house was vandalized by punk ass section 8 teens, we found them, the cops did nothing, they came back to my house and my xtrema2 almost became a self defense weapon. Along with 3 other marines an m4, 2 other shotguns and a hand gun, They ran, however a Hennessy bottle found my one roommates face (a disabled war veteran) he has a broken eye socket. It amazes me that none of this wide spread looting and Arson is not on the news. Well the election is coming up so ill leave my guns loaded and take my girlfriends wine bottles and make surprises if crap really gets out of hand.
This is crazy that people are taking advantage of the unfortunate. People have lost everything and now we have to worry about this crap. Sorry for the rant, but the news isn't showing this and it needs to be shown.

I hope everyone is okay, we are fine and if anyone needs help with anything I will do my best to help if asked, Next week is coastal opener and I don't know if we will be able to get into the rivers. Again I hope everyone is okay and good luck

It is people like this that you should just blast away. My parents were robbed like 30 years ago by a real winner who pissed all over the carpets. My dad told the cop if it happens again and he is home he is shooting the SOB. The cop said to make sure you kill him because in our twisted society if he lives, you will be the one going to jail and losing your house!
jerseydutch
hunter

Re: Latest Storm Reporta

Postby FFT » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm over it. I can't even begin to explain.

FFT
hunter

Postby Quackerbarrel » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:46 pm

I called the police today in regards to my parents neighborhood and its "issues" and told the officer if someone comes into the house that they better bring a body bag and the officer surprisingly agreed and told me do what I have to do just do it right and dont be stupid about it. In this state your better off killing someone dead so they cant testify in court. Between the fuel situation and people going crazy from the lack of power its only going to get worse, sadly it takes a disaster to bring out peoples "true" personalities and find out who your neighbors really are.
Stay safe out there and help who you can and if you need help dont hesitate to ask.
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 am

Is it really that bad? I'm in wheeling WV headed to Lakewood township today. Any reports from that area?
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Re: Latest Storm Report--Glen Cove

Postby cedar creek sam » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 am

Our neighborhood of Glen Cove was hit hard. Two houses condemned, literally tons of household goods of every kind on the street which is blocked off by the police, still three boats on my property that smashed into my boats (one on the street was moved away), decoys partly recovered tho storage sheds demolished, Whitey's marina lost all its docks, a boat from Trixies is in my neighbor's yard, and the bay is full of floating docks, debris and pilings to say nothing of the pollution, so be very careful if you're going duck hunting.

All in all a bad scene with the Red Cross offering hot meals on the street, and volunteers helping us clean up, thank goodness.
CC SAM

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt
cedar creek sam
hunter

Postby duckaholic_16p » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 am

Right now we are in beach haven.. not sure where the rest of our crews are. So far everyone has been nice. Last bight we couldn't get back to our hotel because of a hostage situation on black horse pike.
duckaholic_16p
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:20 am

Hello from Brigantine! I finally got a wifi signal and want to let you all know my wife and I are safe. I had tofloat the duck boat off the trailer and pull up to my front porch in the height of the storm to load Susan and Jack and take them to my next door neighbors house. We lost pretty much everything but I kept the ammo dry. Hopefully I will be out on Saturday and relieve some tension and forget about life for a few hours. I was recently fired so I have plenty of time to hunt but no money... I cant win
Thanks to all for your prayers and support. I will be looking for some volunteers in the upcoming weeks to help me empty the contents of my huose if and when they condemn it. I will update as the inspectors and adjusters advise me.
:fingerhead:
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Next

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting