Upland & Ducks

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Upland & Ducks

Postby PAwingshooter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 am

IMG_1148.PNG
Duke on Point
IMG_1148.PNG
Duke on Point
IMG_1135.jpg
And again
Spent a few weekends in north east PA trying to find some ruffed grouse...still got a lot more work to do. Didn't find many grouse, but on my ride home from grouse hunting, I did drive past a few PA game lands that were stocked with pheasant. I had to take the dog out and see what was going on. Think I might try NY for my next trip on grouse, or maybe just give up and head all the way to Maine or New Hampshire.

I also spent the last two weekends in NJ for ducks, had a great time on one trip, yesterday was a different story. Looks like the ducks have left my spots for some warmer weather.

PS: It is legal to shoot hens on the game land I was on in PA. And we did hold off as long as we could, the first day we put up 18 birds and all were hens, after about # 5 we decided to stop waiting and shoot the hens. There were 4 hunters on the day we shot 4 black ducks. I video taped the whole thing and have pictures of the other 3 hunters, but as you can understand, I don't like posting pictures or videos of my exact hunting spots on the internet for the whole world to find.
Attachments
IMG_1212.JPG
Back to the ducks in NJ
IMG_1166.jpg
Day 2 results, only rooster we flushed in 2 days
IMG_1139.jpg
day 1 results
PAwingshooter
hunter

Re: Upland & Ducks

Postby PAwingshooter » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:12 am

Hmm, looks like I really screwed up when posting the pictures, sorry. They should have all come in after the text.
PAwingshooter
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Nice shoots PA! You know if you dont mind running a little bit further you could always go to psu. Run for grouse in scotia and then swing to toftrees for ditch chickens. Scotia gets pressured since that have management cuts in the forest for grouse but we always put a few up just walking with a group and no dog....hitting them was the problem! A little to the north is supposed to be pretty good with much less pressure...I can pm you that spot if you'd like. Then you can stop at the creamery for some ice cream after your hunt!

I will be heading up to state in 2 weeks for some ducks with some friends that are still there.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby PAwingshooter » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks Jersey, Appreciate the offer. I used to hunt both those area's a lot when I was there. Even put up a few grouse on the north end of toftrees. I was hoping to find a place within 2.5hrs of north jersey, but no big deal, I'll just drive south and hunt ducks instead.

I'll be at PSU the weekend of Dec 1st, I didn't know there were places to duck hunt up there!
PAwingshooter
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting