Hamilton Bordentown Marshes/Duck Island

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Postby dgram36 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 pm

I live in Bordentown and just moved to the area. I'm pretty close to the Delaware and Hamilton marshes. Looking on google maps, I see a place called duck island which naturally peaks my interest :thumbsup: But then I try and find some information on hunting this area and basically come up short. I read somewhere that there's a $20 fee to hunt there, someone else posted somewhere that its off limits, others say that its fine :hammer: I'm not really in too big of a rush because I'm not planning on acquiring a boat until the off season, but this looks like a pretty sweet spot. Another thing I struggling with is where to even launch a boat around there. There's a boat launch down the shore that is a yacht club, but I aint exactly yacht club material if you know what I mean :biggrin: If anyone out there in cyberspace has some information on this mystical place, I would be forever grateful :bow:
dgram36
hunter

Re: Hamilton Bordentown Marshes/Duck Island

Postby fazwilder » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:30 pm

I have heard about duck island on that show gangland, some gang bangers thought they killed some kid and threw him in a dumpster or somewhere on duck island. turns out the kid lived and they found him walking down a highway in his boxers all messed up
fazwilder
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm

What was the kids name? I want to ask him if he saw any ducks while he was floating through. The gang bangers don't scare me, I shoot my shotgun cocked to the side.
dgram36
hunter

Re: Hamilton Bordentown Marshes/Duck Island

Postby Marshmudd » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:59 am

dgram36, Great response (by the way, is your shot more accurate that way?). I might want to try it with the way I've been shooting this year. :lol3:
Here's hoping for a lite rain every hunt!
Marshmudd
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Marshmudd wrote:dgram36, Great response (by the way, is your shot more accurate that way?). I might want to try it with the way I've been shooting this year. :lol3:

I don't think anything could make my shooting less accurate, except maybe blanks. At least I look good doing it;)
dgram36
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting