Past few fowl trips

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Past few fowl trips

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Black Friday, foggy as all hell. About got run over by some egg heads running around without their nav lights on. Didn't see any puddlers, not much shooting going on.
The following Monday I went on a solo goose hunt. Think I got jinxed by a 3 pack that stooled in right after LST, knocked down two but couldn't pull the trifecta. Didn't see many puddlers that day.
Saturday, went coastal & got into some birds despite two other groups being right on top of us.
Today for my birthday I went out to a new spot to hunt the incoming. Had to push pole the box out, saw a good amount of buffies and brant. Could have shot a limit of buffies but after two hens, I only wanted to pick out drakes & never had any commit. Had about 6-7 hens land periodically..Not many drakes around, guess everyone else is picking them off. Missed a black duck & also had a pair of drake hoodies skirt the spread. Brant were rafted about 100 yds away which didn't help my cause as most birds went to them. Other notables seen were some scaup & shovelers. Beautiful day though!
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Re: Past few fowl trips

Postby pvn6616 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Great write up and Excellent pics. Luv the one w/ the buffie decoy! That's the way to celebrate your B-day!!! Happy Birthday :beer: :beer:

Pete
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting