Who really cares what the DEP SAYS BUT HERE

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Who really cares what the DEP SAYS BUT HERE

Postby duk_hunter155 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Boating, fishing and crabbing are now allowed in the upper Barnegat Bay and Sandy Hook Bay.

The Department of Environmental Protection is lifting the public health advisory for recreational use in these bays, as well as the Hudson River, Passaic River, Hackensack River, Newark Bay, Kill Van Kull and Arthur Kill.

Recreational and commercial shellfish harvest, however, remains prohibited in these waters, the DEP says.

The wastewater treatment facilities that had been damaged by Hurricane Sandy have now been restored, and testing has indicated that these bodies of water meet the recreational water quality standards, the DEP says.

The DEP encourages all anglers, crabbers and boaters to visit the Hurricane Sandy webpage at http://www.nj.gov/dep/special/hurricane-sandy/ for updates on lifting the advisory in the Raritan River/Raritan Bay area.
duk_hunter155
hunter

Re: Who really cares what the DEP SAYS BUT HERE

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Well glad to hear about it. Was not all that worried about the fishing as I did not plan on keeping anything and the fishing has been terrible, and sandy hook is closed. The clamming, i am interested in, as I like to clam the navisink. Clam beds are currently closed and from the look of the water i can see why. Very dark when I went out to hunt it.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting