Waretown boat ramp

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Waretown boat ramp

Postby Quackerbarrel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 pm

was doing alittle google map scouting to try and find a municipal or free boat ramp to launch to hunt the barnegat that is open and not affected by sandy. I found a ramp at a place called south harbor marine sales and heard there was a free municipal ramp in waretown off of wells mills road, has anyone recently launched out of there? i used to launch from IBSP or mantalokin but i cant get to them from sandy damage. any ramp info will be appreciated, thanks!
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Re: Waretown boat ramp

Postby johnny_i » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Not sure where you are located but there is another boat ramp that will put you out right by the bay head yacht club (you said mantoloking so its fairly closeby). Its at the end of bay ave. in point pleasant. it is very basic so its not really possible to get bigger boats in but its free and generally in the same area.
johnny_i
hunter

Postby Quackerbarrel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I think i can find that thank you, i mentioned manalokin because i used to launch on the other side of the bridge but thats no longer possible. I'm located in matawan right by the raritan bay buy i lile to hunt allover and i would like to hunt je barnegat again this year.
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Postby johnny_i » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 am

Yea trader's cove i think is what you are thinking of, it's possible that it may open back up before the seasons over but I wouldnt count on it.
johnny_i
hunter

Postby Quackerbarrel » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am

Yea doubt it, i may just launch outta pont pleasant and see what happens and were to go from there after i scout it
Quackerbarrel
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting