Waterfowl Survey

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Waterfowl Survey

Postby LeakyBoot » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:07 am

Just finished filling out a Waterfowl Survey from NJ Fish & Wildlife. Was wondering if anyone else on here received a survey to complete? The Survey ask questions about Season Dates for all 3 Zones. Hope they sent out a lot of these surveys so we can all add our input.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Re: Waterfowl Survey

Postby cedar creek sam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 am

Yes, got it and will push later seasons as it just doesn't get cold soon enough anymore....
CC SAM

"There can be no greater issue than that of conservation in this country." Theodore Roosevelt
cedar creek sam
hunter

Waterfowl Survey

Postby dgram36 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 am

I didn't get one yet. I did get one for the pheasant and quail stamp though.
dgram36
hunter

Postby duktatr » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 am

Also pushing for later seasons. I'm for Sunday hunting too. I work Monday to Friday so Saturday's and Thanksgiving are my only shot now. That gives me less than a dozen days in the season.

What is every one else's take on Sunday hunting?
duktatr
hunter

Postby ithaca10 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

mailed mine in.
Proud Father of a United States Marine
ithaca10
hunter

Postby Deuce N Ducks » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm

What is every one else's take on Sunday hunting?

dumb...

If we allowed sunday waterfowl hunting under the current season dates ALL 3 ZONES would be closed or close to closing this week.....Sundays account for almost 2 weeks worth of season
Deuce N Ducks
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:31 pm

duktatr wrote:What is every one else's take on Sunday hunting?

Sunday is my favorite day to scout. You get to see birds sitting where they want to eat. I also happen to be one of those lucky ones that can hunt Mondays for the time being. :biggrin:
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby bayside » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 am

Given the way most of us work (M-F), I would gladly give up 2 weekday hunts (say Tues&Wed) for bird rest to gain Sun hunt privileges. As a relatively new hunter, Giving up 2 days during the week, still allows quieter hunts (M, Th, F) if u can burn a day of work or have a non-conformist work schedule. And would allow a longer season spreading the 60 days and additional week or two. I dont have the experience to speak to season starts/splits etc.
bayside
hunter

Postby duk_hunter155 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am

No Sunday hunting for me.
duk_hunter155
hunter

Waterfowl Survey

Postby dgram36 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 pm

This is the first state I've ever lived in where there wasn't Sunday hunting. At first I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard but seeing how much pressure gets put on the game here I can see why it's a necessity. I work a floating schedule so I have time to hunt on weekdays. I actually avoid hunting on Saturdays if I can at all help it.
dgram36
hunter

Postby papageno » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:09 pm

I thought that Federal law prohibits the hunting of migratory game birds on Sunday?
papageno
hunter

Postby LeakyBoot » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:01 am

Sunday Waterfowl hunting is allowed in 42 States, meaning NJ is one of only 8 States that don't have Sunday hunting.
I'm neutral on the Sunday hunitng issue but if it were allowed there are many hunters that would take advantage of it. And in my opinion Sunday Waterfowl hunting will sometime be available to all. We get 60 shooting days with one split in the season.

If I were in charge the season would end on the last shooting day allowed by the Feds and then count backwards 60 shooting days.
Sunday hunting was also one of the questions on the Waterfowl Survey.
LeakyBoot
hunter

Postby FowlHooked » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 am

I havent gotten a survey for waterfowl??Just pheasant/quail. I believe sunday hunting is great. We just dont have it because the old school rules that sunday is family/ church day n every1 here is just accustomed to it bein that way. I have luved n hunted other places and it is good thing. Most people work mon-fri if not sat too. I saw absolutwly no prob w over hunting!
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

I would be against it if it resulted in a shorter season. Some years the hunting doesn't get good until later on due to delayed cold weather. I'd rather see the longer season (which would include extra Saturdays as well for those that work M-F) that is more likely to fall on some good hunting days. Another nice thing is I can pursue other activities and chores on Sundays, without the guilt or regret of wishing I went ducking instead. As for hunting pressure, I live within hearing range of a popular WMA, and can tell Saturdays from weekdays by the amount of gunfire I hear alone. I can't help but wonder what effect doubling that would have. Obviously other states have this, but I guess sometimes change itself can be a bigger issue than the nature of the change.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Postby DrakeH2oFowl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:00 am

jerseydutch wrote:
duktatr wrote:What is every one else's take on Sunday hunting?

Sunday is my favorite day to scout. You get to see birds sitting where they want to eat. I also happen to be one of those lucky ones that can hunt Mondays for the time being. :biggrin:

Why do you think my days off are Monday & Tuesday :biggrin:

..though now I can't work til the new year :rolleyes: We'll have to chance em one of these days, now that I have too much time on my hands.
DrakeH2oFowl
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting