Duck Hunting Forum banner

A Pile of Geese

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dirtyj 
#1 ·
Without be too sappy, I want to thank the DHC community, especially the NJ division for their friendship and support. Today I finally joined up w/ the Dutch brothers, Haley and Papageno for a eventful morning chasing Canadians as the duck population seems to be somewhere other than the swamps of South Jersey. We had a very successful hunt with Haley getting her first confirmed banded bird, and 3 banded geese total! We limited out with 15 geese and I even popped a drake Green Wing Teal thanks to the wayward actions of my overamped lab Jack!

I have had an emotional past few days and this excursion was necessary to retain the balance and karma in my life to continue on in the face of all the madness that surrounds me. I cannot thank these young men and women enough for extending the invitation to enjoy their company in the field. It was truly a special outing and I enjoyed watching them do all the work while I felt my age and appreciated the spirit of the young!

Without going into blow by blow detail I want to give a quick overview of our morning. At first light a pair of geese dropped right in and my overamped dog Jack charged right out and tried to retrieve them... of course they got out of harms way and I chained him down. I love Jack, but he sometimes is a little overzealous. Anyway, the next few hours saw flocks of geese as well as singles and pairs commit to our spread and we sometimes shot extremely well and othertimes not so well, but by 9:30 we had all but 1 or two birds for our limit! Dan and Paul did some awesome calling, and we reaped the benefits!

Guys, I can't thank you enough and can't wait for the next opportunity to join you! Thanks again.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.