Snow Rig

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Snow Rig

Postby chipmunk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:58 pm

guys, my decoys are SILO SOCKS- economy pac- 10 doz 1 price. 20 doz fit in 1 silo sock decoy bag. KITES are JACK KITES and silo sock fliers.

my callers are - cheap home depot tool box, on/off toogle switch, 300-500 watt car amplifiers, radio shack 50 or 100 watt horn speakers, walmart RCA mp3 players, 2-12 volt EXIT SIGN batterys per caller( in case 1 goes dead) and AMAZON.com remote shut off switch.
you must put a jumper wire on the amp from the + terminal to the R or Remote terminal.

the caller that the speakers fit in the tool box are 50 watt.

also, if you check out HUNTINGSNOWS.COM there are many threads about this, that is where i got alot of info.

" HOOKED ON QUACK "
chipmunk
hunter

Re: Snow Rig

Postby bayside » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Lotsa snows flying along bayshore this morning. Vicinity of Dennis Creek. Not sure if new birds, but I have not seen this many transitting birds yet this year. Good luck to you snow hunters!
bayside
hunter

Postby FFT » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks chip. Do I remember you saying it was a royal pain in the azz apllying the decals to the economy silos and if you were to do it again you would have gotten them done from the manufacture?
FFT
hunter

Postby canderso » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Chip- this for posting that info. Looks like I have a project to keep me busy in my "spare" time at work. Should have lots of that stuff around.

John- weather pending I am looking to come down to the bay on Saturday for a diver hunt. If the wind is really blowing, I MA come down and look to get into more sheltered water. Also depends if I get my replacement waders on Friday. I will try to give you a call tomorrow.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Snow Rig

Postby dgram36 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 pm

FFT wrote:Thanks chip. Do I remember you saying it was a royal pain in the azz apllying the decals to the economy silos and if you were to do it again you would have gotten them done from the manufacture?

X2, I am thinking about purchasing the 10 dozen economy pack and just painting them myself. Did you find it difficult to do?
dgram36
hunter

Postby chipmunk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 pm

no not bad, the biggest pain in the ass was installing the stakes. it helps to heat the end then melt through the coroplast.

i used cheap homedepot black spray paint, and the only pink they had. the last batch i got had the bags attached aready.
" HOOKED ON QUACK "
chipmunk
hunter

Postby chipmunk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:50 pm

oh, and i had 50' of speaker wire on each speaker
" HOOKED ON QUACK "
chipmunk
hunter

Snow Rig

Postby dgram36 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:45 pm

chipmunk wrote:i used cheap homedepot black spray paint, and the only pink they had. the last batch i got had the bags attached aready.

Do you think black marker would work?
dgram36
hunter

Postby chipmunk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:57 pm

yes, but it takes too long, lay the bags out on the floor and hit the with 2 shots of spray paint.
" HOOKED ON QUACK "
chipmunk
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting