Duck Hunting Forum banner

Mojo

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  recoil slinger 
#1 ·
Has anyone had success with a mojo in the bays/marsh this year?

#2 ·
You mean like where the battery terminals dont oxidize and turn into green mush, or the remote works, or the sh1tty green steel pole they supply dont bend into a rusted pile of dog jizzum, or when 75 puddle ducks flew by while im out there fvcking with the fvcking piece of sh1t, or simply where eveyone on the marsh says "ha, look at that a$$hole FFT fvcking with that Mojo again". In that case yes, ive been very luck this year, because I left it at home. If I need that bullcrap to kill a bird Id rather stay home. Just my 2cents.

#3 ·
Or when the floater gets tipped over in the salt or the tide or wind pushes u over the pole n u cant pull it out n u lose or tip mojo over! Actualy they do work n there is options its just mojo doesnt make them for salt water so each yr we seem to have to replace one or 2. Lost a mallard w pole, another pole and new bluebill went under but saved so know that will rust. Last nt i actualy brought ught last yrs bluebill back from dead it just took a lot of messin with and was in junk pile til gave 1 more shot!They can be frustrating but..

#6 ·
FFT GREAT POST LAUGHED OUT LOUD. I have 4 of those MF'S they are all broke. A few years ago went to the Tuckerton show and there was a vendor there who was selling wind ducks. They have a tiger by the tail and don't even know it. It's perfect for any tidal water as it floats up and down with the tide they use them for sea ducks in 30 feet of water. Only draw back is you need at lease 5 mph of wind but that is not a big deal when hunting the bays or tidal rivers. IT DOES WORK the ducks always land close to it. Sorry cant give the name I am thinking of making my own version for sale.

#7 ·
Many a buffy have committed buffycide to the mojo teal. That is about all I use my mojo for anymore...bufflehead and sometimes out in the big teal marshes. We like to hunt the x for puddle ducks so the goal there is to not scare them away because they are already coming in!

#8 ·
I have seen 'bufficide' - but buffies generally decoy well anyway. Likewise for teal. I believe they might also work well for mallards in a wooded swamp.

One place they work extremely well is for mallards in the field. Since geese, however, don't like them, you have to put it out for the first flight of mallards and then take it in before the geese start flying.

Otherwise, FFT has it just about right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.