Barnaget Bay/Parker cove/lost fishing rod

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Barnaget Bay/Parker cove/lost fishing rod

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Ended the year on a nice note by hunting this spot with a friend. Have not been there all year, a lot of oyster shells wash up from storm. Anyway some other hunters got up earlier and were in the area I like to hunt so I moved over to the cove front facing south. Worked out fine, as my buddy made a nice shot on a bluebill and I missed on one that blew in and out before I was ready. Surprising few blacks around. Best part of the day was watching and hearing all the bills flying. Some flocks had to be in the 1000 plus range, just awesome to watch them fly high. A few low stragglers would have been nice also but we had some chances. I lost my duck retriever, AKA fishing pole with a blue fish plug ( im allergic to dogs), so if by chance someone hunts the area Tuesday comes across a fishing pole, please contact me. Nice way to end the year.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Re: Barnaget Bay/Parker cove/lost fishing rod

Postby DucksnDiesel » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:26 am

I was there Saturday. Flocks definitely had 1k plus birds. Windy though.
DucksnDiesel
hunter

Postby FowlHooked » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 am

Was there yest too. Did well w limit of bills, greater n lesser, and a black duck. Yea the number of birds was impressive. Much more than 1000. Sucks its all over now but it was a good finish for me. Glad i decided not to hunt the ponds yest. Didnt see any rod when i left
Fowl Hooked Waterfowling on Facebook
FowlHooked
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I will probably end up there next year on opening day with my sons and would not be stunned if the rod was still lying their, to the west of the point near the creek entrance. I doubt many people other then hunters wander around that area.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting