Any hunting clubs looking for a member?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Any hunting clubs looking for a member?

Postby Joelb58 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello, I am in search of a hunting or fishing club within a two hour drive to NYC.

I grew up in central PA enjoying the outdoors, but as you can imagine, NYC ain't the best place for a sportsman!

I am ideally looking for a place to hunt small game, turkeys, deer, waterfowl and fish. I would accept any combo of the aforementioned activities but would not be interested in a club that is solely deer hunting or upland hunting.

Finally, it is really hard for me to keep guns in my NYC apartment. Would be great if the club would allow me to keep a shotgun somewhere on the premises (locked of course), so that I could avoid that issue.

Thanks.
Joelb58
hunter

Re: Any hunting clubs looking for a member?

Postby papageno » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:55 pm

This is the club, and NJ public land is its playground.

I, too, live in NYC and have hunted Jersey for the past 7 seasons or so. I keep a mini-storage in Woodbridge so that I can go down the Expressway or the Parkway. The first couple of seasons I rented a house and kept a skiff in Little Egg Harbor - it's cheap for a couple of winter months. Then I kept a utility trailer and hunting canoe in Woodbridge. Now, I hunt all over with a car top and stay in decent motels (cheap on the off-season) near where I want to be. The hunting is great - so is the surf fishing. Go to the Catskills for trout.

Volvoducks.jpg

Ducks6.jpg

Trout1.jpg
papageno
hunter

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Listen to Papa
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby Joelb58 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm

thank you.
Joelb58
hunter

Postby duk_hunter155 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:03 am

Both of you may be interested in a great opportunity to apply to our duck hunting club. It is truly and exceptional value if you travel to duck hunt and enjoy salt water fishing. We have a club house for member use about 1hr 45 mins from NYC. From there you can upland hunt at WMA'S in the area, fish, duck hunt. The only thing you really cant do is turkey hunt in the immediate area. If your interesed email me heyern@gmail.com
duk_hunter155
hunter

Postby Joelb58 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 pm

thanks
Joelb58
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting