Chasing Snows,Pt II

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Chasing Snows,Pt II

Postby pvn6616 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm

Late morning start, left the ramp at 11AM and again went searching for the geese, and again they were in the refuge. Set up in the perfect spot, except the geese didn't read the script and when they started flying, flew right past us. Flocks of 20, 50. 100. even 3's and 4's all flew past at 1000yds. It was dead calm, but they were definitely not interested in our spread. Of course, since the Special Winter Canada season opened today they also avoided us. Hardly saw any Canadians flying today. Uncanny how they know!

Ah, it's days like this that keep me wondering why I chase em... but I know I'll be back again and again, and one of these days it will come together.
Attachments
DSCN8413.JPG
DSCN8412.JPG
DSCN8418.JPG
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Re: Chasing Snows,Pt II

Postby ngiglio » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Lol ah Pete you always seen to pull the short straw but a day in the blind is better then a day at work!
ngiglio
hunter

Postby canderso » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:54 pm

Glad you got out and saw things moving anyway. I am hoping to get out Saturday with my son. Plan to do some scouting for the Canadas. If we are fortunate enough to find them somewhere other than the local playground, maybe try a sneak hunt or something similar.

Keep up the hard work.
Fear God, love your neighbor, and hunt ducks. . . . The Duck Commander
canderso
hunter

Postby Tr1ggerHappy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 am

Hunted for the special season today and only got 2 there were TONS flying, yet we had two come into the field we were in then the rest in the field across the street that thing is a magnet but the farmer won't let us hunt it. So we're stuck trying to pull them over where they don't want to be but at least we got out there. Pvn seems like your dedicated in getting some snows I'm sure luck will turn around sooner rather then later..that's one bird I've been dieing to shoot just have no clue where to start!
Tr1ggerHappy
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting