moving out east

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

moving out east

Postby altrocker1 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:38 am

hello all,

just wanted to introduce myself to ya'll. i'm 90% certain that my wife and i will be moving back from iowa to the east coast sometime this spring. i am an iowa native, but we lived in new york city for a few years between 2006-2009. i have a good job offer on the table and we are in the process of working out details. if it works out, we will be renting an apartment in the city but also seeking to purchase land/home outside of the city near the jersey western border or in eastern pa. a lot of things are still up in the air, but once we get details worked out i will eventually be bringing my field spread, snow spread and duck boat to the area...last time we lived here i was still travelling home to iowa to do all my hunting. that wont happen this time...i plan on buying both a pa and nj license and possibly a few other states. while it will be a big change, it will hopefully be for the better for a lot of reasons. i know there is a lot of fowling opportunity in the state, so im excited to get to take advantage of it!

im not sure if i will have enough stuff out here to snow goose hunt this spring, but it doesn't take a lot to convince me to go :wink:

cheers
altrocker1
hunter

Re: moving out east

Postby ngiglio » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Welcome

You won't have to worry about snowy spreads there are a number of guys here who have a huge number of deks!

Nick
ngiglio
hunter

Postby papageno » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Welcome,

See 'Any Hunt Clubs Looking for Members' a few posts down the list.
papageno
hunter

Postby vlb » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:20 pm

It will only take 499,000 more duck hunters to leave this state an I can have all three of my old hunting spots all to myself. Just kidding have a great life out east.
vlb
hunter

Postby duk_hunter155 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 am

My duck hunting club has a few opening for new members. If interested please contact me for further info. To the others in this chat please pardon me for not getting back to you as of yet but I will be contacting you all very shortly and give you further information. Thanks.
duk_hunter155
hunter

Postby altrocker1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:00 am

well its official!

accepted the job offer this week...moving march 11th!
altrocker1
hunter

Postby ngiglio » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:58 am

Congrats on the job hope that you enjoy it.

V/R
Nick
ngiglio
hunter

Postby jerseywaterfowler » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Congrats and welcome. Must be some nice job offer to be able to swing a City apartment and land out in West Jersey. Good luck to you and the wife.
Fitz
jerseywaterfowler
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting