Sunshine and Snows

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Sunshine and Snows

Postby pvn6616 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Just wanted to report that some of us CRAZY HARDCORE NJ hunters are battling the 25 mph winds and flood tides to chase the snow geese and today we were rewarded. I asked my long time partner Chickie today when we would shoot enough birds to not have to risk life and limb to persue these crazy birds and he said he wasn't sure but not for another 40 years or more.

We met at 5:30 to extreme flood tides, 4 foot above normal high tides, the entire bay was a boiling cauldron of white water with winds whipping the bay into a white water mess. We waited until the light began to filter out the darkness and with the trusty GPS to guide us away from the islands we threaded our way across the bay to our destination. The action was slow, but the geese were here. We saw thousands and they were flying, landing everywhere but in our spread. We were able to entice 3 snows in the morning when the conditions were crazy, and had decided to call it a day around 11AM when the sun was getting higher and the temperature was rising. The snows waited until we had picked up, watching as we were taking pictures and getting ready to leave when they began flying. We had almost left, but decided to stay and we put ourselves on the "X".

We stayed until 3PM and shot a box of shells each before deciding enough fun was had by all. It is days like this that keeps me coming back time after time, waiting for the moment when action like today's happens. Wish you all could have been there to share the fun.
Attachments
DSCN8606.JPG
Early Morning Whitecaps
DSCN8643.JPG
Jack enjoying life
DSCN8633.JPG
Lots of Snows in South Jersey
DSCN8657.JPG
The Boys with the Rewards
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Re: Sunshine and Snows

Postby goldrush2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:20 pm

h ey great job sticking with the task at hand good things come to those who wait it out.I own a house in mystic islands that was waffled by sandy and always wanted to chase those snows in your area . I recently went from being in my own business back to working for a company so i am limited to weekends . Any way reading your posts get the blood flowing if there ever is another duck hunt chat mass snow goose hunt i am in . Keep up the good work
goldrush2
hunter

Postby pluckinduck » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Jealous!
pluckinduck
hunter

Postby papageno » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:18 am

Rock-n-Roll !!!
papageno
hunter