100% New

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

100% New

Postby pluckinduck » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi everyone! my name is Nick, completely new to hunting. i have always wanted to hunt but never knew anyone that did so never really took the first steps to start, well untill about 5months ago. I dont know why or how but im already hooked on ducks, yeah ill hunt some tree rats ans turkey before deer.. but ducks, ducks ducks! mayeb its because i grew up surfing in ocean city nj, fishing crabbing and clamming. love the water. i have been doing so much research and learning the past months, even been on this site plenty of times before becoming a member. stopping in hunting stores lots of talking. take my hunting test this month on the 17th. I want to thank everyone here that adds helpful information, not only do the forum members read but so do guests like i used to do, excellent site! working my way to buying all the gear for next duck season and i can not wait at all im so pumped to get out there! :beer: :beer: O and still dont know anyone who hunts i just kicked myself to do it anyway, from upper township in cape may county. Nice meetin ya!(hopefully ill be pluckinduck on the first hunt :biggrin:
pluckinduck
hunter

Re: 100% New

Postby FFT » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 am

Your in a great area for ducks. Im usually down there a couple days a week during Oct/Nov.
FFT
hunter

Postby pluckinduck » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:44 am

Thats good news! haha

cant wait to get out there!
pluckinduck
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 am

Yea, once it gets in your blood....your done, prepare to be broke, wet and cold, but having the time of your life. Welcome to the site and the sport !!!!!!
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby johnboy07 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:16 am

I hunt that area from time to time and sea isle. And welcome to DHC. All the guys in the New Jersey forum are great helpful guys.
"You know your team's not in the race when guys are growing beards for the duck hunting season."

— Steve Boros
:beer:
johnboy07
State Moderator

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting