Fortescue Ramp

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Fortescue Ramp

Postby buckdemiser » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:22 pm

Has anyone out there launched out of Fortescue? How is the ramp at the WMA? Is it dry at low tide?

Hoping there may be some teal there early on.
buckdemiser
Newb

Postby sjtealhunter » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:46 pm

the ramp that the division of fish and game shows on their map actually looks like it is Higbee's marina to me. they have a nice ramp and to the best of my knowledge it always has good water, but there might be a ramp fee. you can contact the marina at 856-447-4157 and find out.
i don't eat vegetables -- vegetables are what food eats.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby BLUEFINN » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:53 pm

The former AA marina is now the Spotrsmens cove marina, and Duck Hunters are welcome!!! He has mud docks available as well as three concrete ramps that are ok at all tides, seasons pass or 10.00 a launch.
The owner's Rick and Heidi are duch hunters them selves and took over the marina this spring and are working very hard to accomidate all fisherman and hunters! The Marina is a sub-lease from the state marina and will be open into Dec but the ramp will be open and clear thruout the year, there will be a charge as long as the docks are in the water once pulled for the season the ramp is free probably late Dec thru the winter.
Good Hunting Capt. Mike :salude:
Capt.Mike
Member-DU,NJWA,SCSC,QSC.
BLUEFINN
Newb

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting