Just moved to New jersey

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Just moved to New jersey

Postby Busman » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi all,
I just move to New Jersey from be stationed in England for the last 4 years. I'm US Air Force. Look areas to hunt and a hunting buddy. Any good pointer in the right direction would be great. I would love a snow geese and Atlantic Brant hunt this year never hunted them. I will drive 3 hours or more to hunt.

Busman
Busman
hunter

Postby DeerMan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:22 pm

First off thank you for your service to this country. :thumbsup:
Where are u located in NJ? A 3 hour drive will take you to a lot of good spots in the state. For Brant anywhere along the atlantic coast from Sayerville to cape may is good for brant and divers. There are snow geese at Edwin B. Forsythe near atlantic city but not as many as in the south west part of the state in cumberland and salem county. Lots of public ground in the south west for you to explore if you have the time.

Good Luck.
Life is good over the decoys!
DeerMan
hunter

Re: Just moved to New jersey

Postby DUKMANN2 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:41 am

You are about an hour west of some good hunting. We have 2 guys who are military that hunt with us. May be able to sneak in another. Come to the Tuckerton show and introduce your self. I will be set up at the play ground in the park.
If all men are created equal, then why aint I in the movies ?
DUKMANN2
hunter

Postby Busman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 am

Thank you Duckmann2,

I will try to make it out there. It is at the pineland school the weekend of 23-24 right. I am at Mcguire AFB.
My phone (609) 353-1082
Busman
hunter

Postby DUKMANN2 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:06 am

The show is at the high school and Tip Seaman park. Leave your car at the high school and take the bus to the park. We will be set up at the play ground. Stop and say hello. You can det an idea as to what we look like by going to the Refuge site, look under New Jersey. Thanks, see ya there
If all men are created equal, then why aint I in the movies ?
DUKMANN2
hunter

Postby Phil Eager » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:33 am

Thanks for your service, I'd be more then happy to take you on a brant hunt and you can shoot my limit also. I hunt Raritan Bay to Atlantic City. Email me @ peager@hatteraspress.com, I usually dont get started till the second half of the season. I need to keep the stripers honest.
Phil Eager
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting