Pete and any other Stockton College Alumni

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Pete and any other Stockton College Alumni

Postby jerseydutch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 am

My girlfriend has started a collegiate chapter of Ducks Unlimited at Stockton College. It was met with a lot of resistance by an obstinate director of student development, but with the help and full support from Ducks Unlimited and some duck loving insiders at Stockton her goal has finally came to fruition. But it is still in the developmental stages. Haley has a lot of great ideas and wants to have a really active chapter that does more than just have one banquet per year.

Stockton alumni are welcome to come out to the meetings, and are eligible to be members of the student chapter. Collegiate chapters are not all that popular up north. Some of the big southern schools have really strong student chapters, but they are also at the bottom of major flyways. There is potential to do a lot of great things and give back to the lifestyle that is waterfowling.

If any of you fellas go to Stockton, or are alumni and are interested let me know and I can get you in contact with Haley. If anyone knows of alumni that might be interested, please let them know. And finally there will be a presentation, ducks 101, given by our regional director Thursday April 11 at 5pm at Stockton College. It is a new chapter introduction presentation. There should be pizza if there are 20 or more people.

For those with face book, there is a page for the chapter as well.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ducks-Unlimited-Stockton-College-Chapter/545972158756728?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks

Dan
jerseydutch
hunter

Re: Pete and any other Stockton College Alumni

Postby pvn6616 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:02 pm

I will see you there! Let us know the details, i.e., what room, etc...
“The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck” Walter Cronkite
pvn6616
hunter

Postby ngiglio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey Dan is this going to be strictly for students and alumni or can anyone come?

V/R
Nick
ngiglio
hunter

Postby jerseydutch » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:29 pm

:thumbsup:

I will give you a call soon Pete.

Nick...Alumni and students can be members of the chapter. Since it is in affiliation with the school it is considered a club hence the students or alumni only. But anyone can attend fundraising events when they occur. They also plan do some volunteer work (fix youth hunt duck blinds, mentor youth hunts, build wood duck boxes ect). I am not sure if those activities have restrictions or if anyone can help, but I can find out.
jerseydutch
hunter

Postby ngiglio » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Ok thank you Dan anything I can do to get involved just let me know, will be more then happy to do whatever is necessary!

V/R
Nick
ngiglio
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting