getting pumped up for the opener

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

getting pumped up for the opener

Postby sjtealhunter » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:40 pm

i just picked up another dozen greenwing teal dekes and started going through the blind bag. i am really getting pumped up for opening day, was wondering if anyone else is getting ready yet. i mean i never really stop thinking about it but once i guess that's just the life of a waterfowler. soon enough the steel will flying and duck will be dying. can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
i don't eat vegetables -- vegetables are what food eats.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby Batsto » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:26 am

Have you seen any teal down there around the Cohansey? :getdown:
Batsto
hunter

Postby crewchief252 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 pm

yeah, getting pretty antsy myself, taking my son out this sat for youth day, just finished up a couple of foamers, buffs, and cans, want to do a few mergs too, we get quite a few in the river up by us
Just once i would like to hear you scream in pain !....wanna hear me scream in pain? Play some rap music!
crewchief252
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sjtealhunter » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:40 am

The blue wings are pretty thick down here right now and there are even a few green wings that i have seen. This morning i saw a nice group of about 15 to 20 blue wings. they were coming off of the first long branch that goes off to the left out of bridgeton. From my back porch i can see that area really well and they seem to really be moving in the morning and even a few right before dark. Hopefully they will still be around for the opener and they don't head further south. I really want a blue wing for the wall this year.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby DeerMan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:02 pm

Hey Sjtealhunter how did you do during resident goose? Been seeing a lot GWT out at the bay end of the Cohansey, a few big ducks and woodies in the freshwater also. Also heard the first snows of the season this week, really early for them.
Life is good over the decoys!
DeerMan
hunter

Postby sjtealhunter » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:11 am

Only made it out twice during the early season, because of our new baby, but i got 8 the first time out and 3 the second. Hoping to be able to get out more during the duck and regular goose season. The ducks and geese are definitely coming. A buddy of mine said that he saw a lot of teal and some big ducks all throughout Middle marsh.
sjtealhunter
hunter

Postby DeerMan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:35 pm

there are no ducks at middle marsh. :mrgreen:
Life is good over the decoys!
DeerMan
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting