Late season launch ramp in Morgan creek?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Late season launch ramp in Morgan creek?

Postby flatsman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:34 am

Anyone know if there is a ramp open late (into december) in Morgan Creek?

I launch a small boat from Keyport and looking to not have to run the bay if I don't have to.

thanks

flatsman
flatsman
hunter

Postby jomachn3 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:33 pm

You could try looking into browns boat yard or morgan marina also there is so.amboy boat club depending where you go at How big of boat are you using?? It does get real low in that creek at times
jomachn3
hunter

Postby flatsman » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:33 pm

thanks for the reply. I have a 12ft v-hull that floats in about 1ft of water. I can paddle it until I get enough water under me to get the engine going.

I'll give morgan marina a try. I can see them from the GSP and they're really close to where I want to go.

thanks again for the reply

flatsman
flatsman
hunter

Postby Scatterman » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:43 am

I don't think Morgan Marina has a ramp, they use a lift. Too bad the black duck limits aren't more liberal, Morgan creek would be sweet.

If you can lift your boat, you can also take the street behind the night club (can't remeber the name) on the north side of the creek by the bridge and get right to the edge of the water. They have placed some large rocks so you can't back in a trailer but pretty easy hand carry a boat 10ft. if it's light enough. Be careful with the tides back there. I have made the mistake of staying too long and the walk out with your boat SUCKS! It is deep sticky and stanky mud.

For now that place is basically a one and done spot. Not much else in there for some reason. On occasion the buffies head up into the creek and there are some mallards but the black ducks outnumber them 10 to 1.

Good Luck
Scatterman
hunter

Postby jomachn3 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:12 am

The road is old spy road What about lockwood or zubecs??
jomachn3
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting