SWAPPING HUNTS?

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

Re: SWAPPING HUNTS?

Postby FFT » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:48 am

altrocker1 wrote:..new jersey has more public hunting acres than the entire state of iowa.....

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen whats lands lies to the south of Ocean county and continues to the the delaware bayfront? Its mindblowing how much is there. Be glad to show you around once the seasons kick in.
FFT
hunter

Postby altrocker1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 am

FFT wrote:
altrocker1 wrote:..new jersey has more public hunting acres than the entire state of iowa.....

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen whats lands lies to the south of Ocean county and continues to the the delaware bayfront? Its mindblowing how much is there. Be glad to show you around once the seasons kick in.

i would love that. its definitely an area that has my attention. its unlike anything i've ever hunted before
altrocker1
hunter

Postby altrocker1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 am

kburke wrote:Altrocker,

I just moved out of JC a few months ago and am now up in Northern Bergen county. There's a spot just a few min. / miles from you there and if you think Jersey is good, you should check out NY. I'm always looking for folks to go with so let me know if you want to get together and I'd be happy to bring you around to places I know.

i have a small shop in monticello ny...thats actually where i am keeping the little boat i just bought. i may also have a little paddle rig that i am getting for free. i plan on hunting around monticello and the hudson valley if i get the time. i have a few places scouted around monticello. i just have to assume that everywhere i've been scouting is going to get pretty hard so im not suprised when i have to change my plans when getting to a spot!

i haven't put my boat in the water yet. still getting through the nj boating saftey course. i've been piloting boats for 20 years now, but iowa doesn't require a boating safety course. in my opinion, it should be a requirement anywhere. its a slight inconvenience, but i'd be lying if i said a wasn't learning a few things along the way
altrocker1
hunter

Previous

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting