McGuire AFB area

A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: crewchief252, johnboy07

McGuire AFB area

Postby Busman » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:35 pm

:help:
Hi all
Anyone have room around the Fort Dix/ McGuire AFB area for lonely waterfowl hunter. Have clothes and gun but just moved to area from being station in England the last four years. Or please point me in the right direction decent area to hunt. I talked to 3 different people they are either full or are later in the season hunters. If anyone help email me at mc130t2lm@yahoo.com or cell phone (609) 367-2190

Thank you,
Busman

PS. Will drive 2 hours or more for Ducks
Busman
hunter

Postby rangerbob01 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:07 am

Possibly, I don't hunt that area much but my cousin does I'll give him a call and maybe we can set something up for South zone. Bob
rangerbob01
hunter

Postby Busman » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:50 pm

rangerbob01

Thanks I will be waiting to here from you.

Busman
Busman
hunter

MCGUIRE AFB Duck Hunters

Postby chocolab » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:55 am

Busman,
Your in luck because I'm stationed at McGuire and looking for someone to go out with. I got the boat, dog, 1-dozen decs and a few spots picked out. I've got your number and will give you a call for this next weekend. I'm planning on going out Sat morning. I'm going to scout a spot today so I'll call you this afternoon.

-Rob
Cell: 609-556-9360
Email: chocolab@comcast.net
chocolab
hunter

Postby jomachn3 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:50 am

chocolab do you hunt coastal zone at all? looking for someone who want's to make a go at it. I've got a ton of deeks for big water.
jomachn3
hunter

Postby rangerbob01 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:56 pm

Busman, If you are willing to drive south I'd be willing to take you out in the south zone. I hunt about 10 minutes from my house. I live in west deptford NJ. I'm off of exit 22 on Rt 295. mapquest it and see if it will work for you. i could take you out the last saturday of the first part(nov 4?) of the season. Afternoons during the week I go alot by myself so there is always room. Mostly mon,tues, fri. See ya Bob
rangerbob01
hunter

Coastal Hunting

Postby chocolab » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:11 pm

jomachn3 wrote:chocolab do you hunt coastal zone at all? looking for someone who want's to make a go at it. I've got a ton of deeks for big water.

I've never tried the coastal hunting. I'm a transplant from Arkansas and used to hunting the backwaters but I'm willing to give it a try. It sounds like you got the deeks squared and I've got the big boat for the bay but not blind. I'm willing to go out with you if you got a spot or two. Hit me with an email chocolab@comcast.net

I'm really wanting to try out the South Zone down by the Delaware. The map I have shows a lot rivers and streams running to the river and it looks like there is some flooded areas along those rivers. Could be nice and it shouldn't be as crowded as some of these WMA's where I'm at.

Since it seems that we're all hunting resident ducks at this point I think it's key to find those hard to find areas that no hunters have been yet to have a chance. I went last Saturday and the area was premo but no ducks. Of course, it was about 50 degrees warmer than duck hunting weather.
chocolab
hunter

Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting